# About the job
You’ll have an impact across the board. Our developers are involved in the whole cycle of product development: planning, design, architecture, development, QA, code review, deployment, and monitoring.
You’ll spend most of your time doing front-end development, and we’re looking for someone who also contributes to others’ technical design, reviews code, and mentors less experienced developers.
You’ll have the freedom and autonomy to do your best work. And you can expect an inclusive team that will support you along the way and rise to challenges with you.
Our main application runs on React, Redux, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and Redis. Next to that, we have smaller applications that run on Preact and Elixir. We are hosted on AWS and use Terraform, Kubernetes, and Docker.
Here are some things we’ve worked on recently that might give you a better sense of what you’ll be doing day to day:
* Integrating ShopPop with Shopify and one-on-one chat platforms, like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger
* Using Prismic as a headless CMS for content delivery on our homepage
* Creating widgets for Shopify which notify customers on product updates through their own preferred chat platform
* Building an advanced inbox for our platform which can handle thousands of messages at the same time
* Developing tools to send content-rich messages to Facebook audiences of up to 1 million subscribers
# About the team
Our Product team consists of designers Luc van Loon, Pepijn Eikelboom, developers Robert Jan Hogerbrugge, Tânia Santos, Pedro Miguel Batista Seabra, Anum Mansoor and CTO Jorge Sanz. We’re a diverse team from 4 nationalities and we’re looking forward to adding more ;)
We work as a team: We plan projects together. Developers are involved in the design process. We do code reviews. We’re proactive about helping each other and asking for help. We subject ideas to consideration and challenge each other.
We’re here to do our best work together and grow along the way. That comes with direct feedback, kindness, and openness.
We enjoy our time together. In these pandemic times, we’ve played games like an online escape room, drawing games, and Among Us. Before Covid, we played Mario Kart, VR gaming, and bowling.
# About you
You take initiative and drive projects forward with no supervision. You ask for help or clarification when needed. You check up on others when you know or sense that they might need it. You reach for responsibility and hold yourself accountable.
You care about what you build and who you are building it for. You want to shape what we do and come up with ways to make ShopPop better.
You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Clear communication is very valuable for building a strong team, growing, making better decisions, saving time, and reducing frustrations.
You’re in a time zone close to the Amsterdam one. Even though we offer flexible working hours, we work better with significant overlap.
# What we offer
* Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary.
* €1.000 yearly learning and vitality budget.
* Stock appreciation rights — Every employee is an owner in ShopPop.
* Generous number of vacation days each year — In the Netherlands, we offer 25 vacation days per year + 1 week off around Christmas.
* Flexible working hours — Our team meets daily at 10:00 Amsterdam time. Apart from that, we start and finish the workday with flexibility.
* Amsterdam or remote — You’re free to work where you work best.
# Apply for the job
Our interview process is about getting to know each other and experiencing how it would be to work together in the real world. No gotchas, no whiteboards, no stressful coding with someone looking over your shoulder.
We look forward to hearing from you!