Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the application. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important. Ideally you’ll be located near Madison, WI, however if you are remote and feel that this is a good fit for you, we’d be interested in talking with you! Competitive compensation and equity options based on experience.
- Constructive and positive participation in all phases of delivery including design, development, testing, and support.
- Active engagement with the development team
- Tenacious ownership of tickets and positive business outcomes.
- Resilient and consistent collaboration with other developers and business stakeholders.
- Constant attention to growth and improvement for yourself, your colleagues, and our platform.
- A passion for creating clean user interfaces and world class user experiences (UI/UX)
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools including Gatsby
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Strong understanding of Front-End concepts:
- Demonstrable ability to decompose UI elements into reusable components.
- Eye for UX design, mind for engineering simplicity, and propensity to program to interfaces -- not implementations.