Location: We are currently remote-first due to the pandemic. Our home city is Toronto, Canada, and we are actively building a globally-distributed team. We are currently seeking applicants across South America that will join our team, for the long-term.
Before you read any further: Diversity and Inclusion is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway!
To reinvent how dentists run their practices, so they can focus on what matters most: providing exceptional patient care.
Opencare is building technology to transform the dental industry.
Running a dental practice is becoming more and more complicated every year. At Opencare, we believe that dentists shouldn't have to worry about managing their practice, they should focus on providing world class patient care experiences. After all, we live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths.
Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. We want to change that.
Through the Opencare technology platform, we are enabling dentists to connect with new patients, streamline their day-to-day operations, and manage their billing seamlessly. All of this frees up time and energy that can be dedicated to helping patients understand and improve their oral wellness.
Our Engineering Team’s Vision
In order to achieve our vision, we need an extraordinary Engineering team that is creative, passionate, and user-focused.
Our Engineering team uses the most modern technology and processes available: we deploy to production multiple times per day with our continuous delivery pipeline, we have efficient code review processes on Github, and we are extremely agile with our product planning lifecycle. You will constantly be challenged to learn new technologies, and be given the freedom to solve problems on your own and learn by doing.
How will you help to get us there?
As a Front End Developer at Opencare, you'll spend your days solving a wide variety of exciting product and business problems. This includes new feature development, participating in the design process and working on improving our front end engineering infrastructure.
Your impact, six months into the role:
- Solving complex product and design challenges in efficient and scalable ways by collaborating directly with all teams
- Comfortably navigating our modern tech stack deployed via a streamlined continuous integration process
- Owning the development and delivery of the front-end of our portal used by dozens of agents daily to enable our core product offering
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Contributing to strategic technology decisions and pairing with other team members to mutually grow your skill sets by being a thought leader within the Engineering team
- Exploring new technologies that will be leveraged internally and providing input to improve our tools and systems
- Owning large portions / features of the app and working on them from start to finish without oversight
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- A product mindset. You strive to put the needs of the user at the forefront whenever you work on a feature and you are comfortable with the product development lifecycle
- An eye for detail and can quickly turn a design into a pixel-perfect, functional, and tested masterpiece of web software
- Experience developing accessible, performant and well tested front-end systems
- Experience working in agile development environments and are accustomed to working with product management tools (eg. Azure DevOps, Asana, Pivotal, JIRA)
- Comfortable with back-end systems and able to jump in to debug an API if needed (nice to have)
You’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Grow your product management skills by always focusing on the end user first and foremost
- Grow your full stack development knowledge and further understanding the relationship between front and back end, if desired