Join our Mission to Promote Dialogue between Companies and their Customers
Help us build a beautiful and delightful cross-platform application that our users will love. Thousands of customers use Avochato every day to engage in real-time conversations, sharing messages and photos and more across SMS, Live Chat, and WhatsApp. You will help us expand and simplify the Avochato app, and deliver exciting new features for our users.
Avochato is an enterprise mobile messaging company, based in San Francisco, that gives teams the tools needed to have lasting, ongoing, two-way messaging conversations with customers. Consumers today prefer to communicate with messaging applications, but enterprises are still built on email and phone systems. Avochato bridges this gap by upgrading teams to messaging. We believe real-time, two-way messaging provides the best customer experience while helping companies to scale efficiently. Avochato enables communication via text messaging, live chat, WhatsApp, and integrates with Salesforce Sales and Service Cloud.
Recently named a category leader and Top 50 Product on G2 Crowd for 2020, Avochato handles millions of messages per month across hundreds of happy customers. The company grew 15x in 15 months and raised a $5M Series A at the end of 2018.
Why You'll Love Avochato:
- We're committed to making a positive impact above all else– as leaders we lead people to a better place, whether it’s a teammate, a customer, an investor, an advisor, a family member, or a friend
- Avochato believes in personal growth, transparency, and a high degree of autonomy
- Sales cycles are fast at Avochato, new features ship weekly, and we celebrate every win on a daily basis across all teams
- Avochato is a remote-first team that is flexible on location
- Avochato teammates use the Avochato platform -- your teammates are your customers, and there is a tight feedback loop on developing products and getting feedback
We’re looking for sharp, analytical engineers to help us continue to move quickly and scale engineering operations. Ideal candidates have strong startup experience and have a breadth of knowledge throughout multiple parts of the software ecosystem.
- Collaborate with other engineers and product teammates to make new features come to life from design to deployment
- Build on top of our existing fully-featured enterprise messaging apps on desktop and mobile using React, Redux, TypeScript, HTML 5 and CSS3
- Compartmentalize code updates to feature branches for review and deployment using Git
- Engage in code reviews with other engineers for pull requests
- Participate in weekly stand-up meetings and report progress on assignments
- Participate in testing and quality assurance on stage environments before weekly releases
- 4+ years production experience developing and maintaining web applications in production using React and Redux
- Great communicator, detail-oriented
- Excels working in a remote environment
- Collaborative, self-motivated and driven
- Figma experieince a plus
A bit of our stack:
- Mobile-first Front-end Web development in HTML5, TypeScript, CSS3, React & Redux
- Native Mobile applications compiled from React Native
- Cloud SMS APIs including Twilio and MessageBird
- Mixpanel for analytics / dashboarding
- Figma for design collaboration, GitHub for reviewing and merging pull requests
- REST integrations with Salesforce, Stripe, Hubspot, Slack, Okta, Zapier and more
- Internal communication via Slack, Monday, and Zoom