Apply for this job
We're looking for a Frontend Engineering Intern/Co-op to join us in September 2021 for a 4 or 8 month work term, with the opportunity for conversion to full-time employment. You will help us create polished and delightful features for NBA Top Shot—a groundbreaking digital-collectible experience built on Flow—all while learning from some of the industry’s best. Every member of our team shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
We value that each candidate brings their own unique mix of skill and experience. We set a high bar for our team members, while ensuring that they have the support and guidance they need to not just succeed, but to excel.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
- You’ll get the chance to work with emerging technologies in both Frontend and Blockchain, and learn best practices from some of the world’s top software engineers.
- Our engineering team thrives on solving user problems with the latest tools and techniques (some of which we’ve built ourselves!). Our team hail from startups and tech leaders like Google, Apple, Baidu, EA, and Microsoft.
- Cutting-edge technology: we use the latest tools and patterns in the ecosystem, including: React, Next.js, Vercel, GraphQL, WebGL.
Our ideal candidate:
- Show us some of the projects you’ve worked on – we're serious about this, and we'll look for sample projects in your application.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies.
- Familiarity with or interest in blockchain.
- Knowledge of modern web development libraries such as React and Vue.
- Interest or knowledge of UX and UI design principles.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest technologies and you get excited about pushing the boundaries of what's possible on the web, mobile, and other emerging platforms.
- A completed or nearly completed BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $350M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.