Apply for this job
Hi, we're Mr Yum 👋
Hospitality and entertainment are tough industries where margins are slim and even more challenging now through COVID. We started Mr Yum at the end of 2018 to help venues make the numbers work.
The past 12 months have seen an astronomical 27x business growth for us. We're now at over 60 full-time staff, hundreds of millions in transactions, and over 10M global users (click here for more!)
Mr Yum empowers businesses to own and understand their customers, increase spend and allow their staff to focus on meaningful interactions rather than transactional ones.
With your help, we have ambitious goals to scale the business (locally & internationally!) by building the most beautiful, powerful tools for our customers. Our B2B customers range from national venue groups including Australian Venue Co, Sydney Airport and stadiums, all the way to boutique hotels and family-run cafes and restaurants.
Our team is made up of over 60 kind and driven humans working out of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Los Angeles, London and The Philippines.
About This Role
This role will have you working on the most visible part of our product, developing exciting features that millions of people use, this is a truly exciting opportunity!
You will be exposed to a range of really cool technologies, from a modern GraphQL API to a state of the art ReactJS front end. This role will challenge you on a daily basis!
- Working with designers and other developers to deliver, design and implement useful features
- Exploring and spiking new initiatives
- Working with Product Mangers to enhance our current system
- Mentor other engineers in your squad.
- Expert-level Webpack and Babel knowledge, and experience optimising code splitting and bundles
- Experience with NextJS
- Strong experience with React, TypeScript, GraphQL. Experienced in unit testing React code, and supporting end-to-end test suites.
Nice To Have
- Experience building applications for low-bandwidth and low-quality network environments
- Knowledge of CSS-in-JS solutions, particularly Styletron. Knowledge of Design System principles.
Why Mr Yum?
Expect autonomy and responsibility, solving problems you've never imagined existed, in a fast-paced growth environment. We work with impact, surrounded by amazing people who love what they do.
Mr Yum offers a flexible working environment with the option to take extra unpaid leave and day-to-day work times to suit your routine. Our team enjoys a mix of WFH and in-office collaboration.
All employees have the opportunity to become 'owners' of Mr Yum by participating in our competitive employee share option plan.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
We're committed to growing and empowering an inclusive Mr Yum community. That's why we actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accessibility assistance at any stage of the process, please let us know.