Ladders has been a leader in high-end careers for over 15 years. We’re a community of professionals that top companies work with to find expert applicants fast. Our team takes pride in listening to member issues and creating solutions. Because of this, we provide our nine million members with top-tier job search and services like Apply4Me, which ends time-wasting job application forms forever. Our community is diverse, putting talent first to create teams that communicate, innovate, and turn real-world issues into products and services that answer needs. If you see obstacles as exercise and expertise as enjoyment, get in touch.
Ladders is actively recruiting Front end Software Engineers. We are looking for talented individuals who can lead by example, promote technical craftsmanship, and grow the team both by abilities and head count. From product conceptualization to engineering implementation you will have a deep impact in our engineering-led organization. We currently deploy Clojure, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Redis, Kubernetes, and MariaDB on the back end, and React, Redux, and Typescript on the front end, but we value all applicants who have a deep understanding of web technologies and an eagerness to expand their skill set.
This role is remote-first. We are actively seeking people who have had success working remotely. Even after we come back to our office space post pandemic, working in our office will be 100% optional. We only require some overlap with US/Eastern Time working hours.
Responsibilities of the Front End Engineer:
- Build our next generation member, recruiter sites in ReactJS, Typescript
- Perform regular maintenance and updates on existing websites
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-platform testing and debugging
- Work collaboratively with design & development teams on a daily basis
- Create and update internal documentation
- Update websites to adhere to style guidelines provided by the design team
- Write unit tests for automated regression testing
Basic Qualifications of the Front End Engineer:
- 1-5 years of and creating web apps that are consistent across all major browsers
- A general understanding of SEO and what factors affect search rankings
- Experience with building highly optimized responsive or mobile websites
- Ability to code detailed, functional pages from mock-ups in collaboration with web designers
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- On the edge of front-end technology and methodology (CSS3, media queries, mobile-first design, progressive enhancement, web standards, best practices and writing clean, semantic code etc)