About Underground Cellar:
Underground Cellar is a Y Combinator and VC-backed startup based in San Francisco that is currently experiencing hyper-growth. We’ve ‘gamified’ wine sales through our addictive e-commerce platform that gives buyers a great value through “upgrades”, allowing wineries to quickly sell wine without resorting to brand-damaging discounts. Underground Cellar has become the most exciting way to buy wine in the world, with over 1,000,000 bottles sold to thousands of customers through the platform.
We’re looking for someone to jump right in and join a highly-effective and talented team of people who are solving challenging problems and learning from one another. We value talent and dedication just as much as we encourage creativity and passion. Join our team!
- Design, develop, test, and maintain customer-facing mobile applications using React
- Stay up-to-date and aware of mobile technology trends.
- Work closely with backend engineers to design APIs that enhance the user experience.
- Work with the product and design team on creating new user experiences and features.
- Create and monitor analytics to prove how effective new and existing features are to helping customers
- Lead our React Native
mobile app development and ensure we are following best practices for both iOS and Android.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Previous experience working on an app published on the App- and/or Play store written in React Native.
- Bonus points for experience in native iOS or Android app development.
- You are resourceful, a self-starter and you’re able to make things happen, against all odds.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and excel working with different groups of people, especially non-technical team members.
- You are passionate about delivering outstanding experiences for our customers, and team. You are an ambitious top performer, you persevere through intense obstacles.
We’ve Got You Covered
Underground Cellar is invested in the health and wellness of our family-like team:
- Equity ownership for every employee
- Competitive base salary
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with matching
- Flexible work hours and unlimited paid time off
- Parental leave benefits
- Company-wide events and travel (we took the whole team to Hawaii once!)
- Free gym membership
- Free and low-cost bottles of wine shipped to you to expand your wine knowledge
- Complimentary wine tastings throughout Napa, and more!
Our Core Values - Ones we actually live by!
Lead with integrity
We operate at a high level of integrity that is deeply rooted in large ways and in small daily activities and practices. We act with honor and truthfulness in all that we do.
We achieve the best results through the combined efforts of each individual. Our culture creates an eagerness in employees to take initiative and personal interest in the people with whom they work with.
We place a high value on equality and fair treatment in the workplace. All employees are treated with a high level of respect all while ensuring a safe, diverse, and welcoming work environment free of any form of discrimination.
We own everything in our world, to an extreme degree. We are responsible for not just those tasks which we directly control, but for all those that affect whether or not our mission is successful.
Our executive team maintains open communication and radical transparency in all aspects of the business. We also provide an open line of communication for all employees to voice their opinions. We welcome all suggestions and improvements by team members.
We are a team where positivity is contagious. We’re truly passionate about what we do and look for others who approach their work with the same energy. We're not afraid to get messy and view every challenge as an opportunity to learn and grow.
We value talent and dedication just as much as we encourage creativity and passion. We also believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in our hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance to ensure appropriate accommodations are in place. Due to COVID-19, our standard recruitment process has slightly changed. Click Here learn more about how Underground Cellar is continuing to hire during this time and what you can expect throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
LEARN MORE ABOUT US: