Access Softek started developing software 30 years ago in Berkeley, California. We have offices all over the United States, Canada, and around the world, and we are growing by the day. Our software is used by over 350+ financial institutions, helping them reach millions of customers and shape their communities.
With the existing team, you will be:
Transforming a current online banking solution built on top of Amazon Web Services such as AWS EKS, AWS Lambda, including mobile applications for Android and iOS and web applications using React
Creation and implementation of a web UI design system.
This is an opportunity to know more about financial technologies and new Serverless approaches, and system architecture patterns, as well as the ability to work closely with AWS.
This position is remote, full-time, and requires some periodic overlap with Pacific daytime hours.
- Writing code with built-in quality - identify and analyze corner cases, design and implement unit and integration tests, participate in building API and end-to-end tests
- Automate build and deployment of your code to the infrastructure
- Develop and support UI components using React framework
- Participate in code reviews
- Hold active position on delivering results of your work to production, actively collaborate with your team members and stakeholders to make sure all necessary details are covered
Required skills and qualifications
- 3+ years of web application development experience
- Strong knowledge of ECMAScript 5+ and TypeScript
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, best practices, technologies (OOP, MVC/MVVM, REST, SPA, AMD), and async workflows (promises, async/await)
- Good experience with one of the modern JS frameworks (React, Angular, Vue.js, or Svelte)
- Experience with Node.js and JS build tools (Webpack, Gulp)
- Experience building web applications that have good separation of concerns, proper layers of abstraction, containment, and reusable components
- Strong knowledge and experience with API protocols (REST, GraphQL)
- Strong skills in HTML/CSS and CSS preprocessors (LESS/SASS/PostCSS)
- Good understanding of UI/UX designs best practices
- Familiarity with web security best practices
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Familiarity with DVCS (git or hg)
- Strong team player with 'can do' attitude and good time management skills
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies, like Scrum
- Intermediate English (ability to read and write) or above
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and practical experience of C#.NET Core and ASP.NET Core stacks
- Understanding concepts of distributed systems design and cloud computing
- Knowledge or hands-on experience with building parts of the AWS platform (S3, CloudFront, Lambda, and others)
- Some basic understanding of Docker and containers
- Work from anywhere in the world!
- Compensation vacation (15 days off in a year)
- Global corporate events for all employees
- Internet compensation (50$ per month)
- Paid sick leave
- Days off on public holidays
- Home office equipment (computer, additional monitor, etc.), if necessary;
- Team activities; and other benefits, described in detail in the Employee Handbook