ABOUT THE TEAM 💫
At Philosophie, we love making things. We are a diverse team of designers, engineers, and product strategists. With different backgrounds and skill sets, we come together to make useful technology. Our clients (Fortune 500 to startups) come to us with early stage product ideas; and we prototype those ideas to life.
Teams make decisions collaboratively and lead clients to successful outcomes. We’ve been around for over a decade, but we still apply a startup mentality to everything we do.
Our people describe our culture as caring, collaborative, experimental, and ethical - we are proud to have received Inc.'s Best Workplaces award, the Healthy Mothers' Workplace award, and twice recognized in Inc.'s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies.
At Philosophie, we believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas lead to better products. We've designed our company to be responsive to employees: good ideas are heard and easy to execute on. We champion people of different backgrounds and perspectives. We do not discriminate; we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories. Explore our values here https://philosophie.is/https://thinking.philosophie.is/
THE ROLE 🚀
This is an exciting time for Philosophie, and we're looking for an experienced full-stack engineer with a strong front-end focus and professional React experience
to join our team to help us build world-class products and experiences.
This is a project-based consulting role (W-2). This role is 100% remote, and we are able to offer employment in California, New York, Washington or Virginia.
- Lead the team to take features from ideation all the way to delivery - you'll have total autonomy in architecting, developing, testing, and shipping features;
- Collaborate closely with the client on a daily basis to maintain alignment between their product vision and the day-to-day engineering work;
- Bring an engineering leadership perspective to different levels of project fidelity - i.e. how does our engineering strategy and roadmap fit into the design process, the business process, the project/client timeline, et.c
- You're a nerd - you love tinkering with new software, hardware, work in open source, are involved in the engineering community, etc.
- Belief in the idea of "think by making" - the fastest way to get to an answer, whether that's understanding how a new library works or understanding how a user will use a client's product, is to build and ship something.