Candid is redefining and democratizing oral healthcare by using modern technology to help deliver human-focused care. With a commitment to creating the best outcomes for our patients, we believe that high-quality orthodontics should be affordable and accessible, and we’re pioneering an innovative approach, at the intersection of the digital and physical worlds, to diagnosing, treating, and monitoring patient cases remotely. Candid’s products have been validated in the market and we’re now in hyper-growth mode. Join our team to be part of this exciting phase of our journey!
We’re building a best-in-class, vertically-integrated, consumer healthcare brand and are looking for an exceptional front-end engineer who has both an interest in delivering delightful patient experiences and the proven ability to transform ideas into software reality. Partnering closely with our product, design, and various stakeholder teams to bring our customer touch-points to life, your work will have a tangible, positive impact on the lives of all our patients.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll help build Candid’s innovative web applications, both internal- and external-facing, from start to finish, contributing to all aspects of the software development lifecycle. For example, you may work on an application that our orthodontists use to review patient cases, or you may implement new features in the customer portal used by patients
- You’ll proactively identify areas to improve performance, scalability, reliability, and resilience of our systems, delivering thoughtful, robust solutions that anticipate future needs
- You’ll provide technical leadership to the team via constructive code reviews, mentoring, pairing, and generally exhibiting technical maturity in your approach to engineering
- You’ll grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by colleagues with deep experience in their fields who are passionate about doing great work and constantly learning
What We’re Looking For
- Mature problem-solver: you don’t rush to solve a problem without fully understanding the necessary context. You thoughtfully diagnose complex problems and develop durable, elegant solutions by yourself or with others. You don’t hesitate to seek assistance from others when you need it
- Putting users first: you naturally consider the implications of your work and how it may impact our patients, doctors, internal teams, and other users of our applications. You understand that you don’t work or build in isolation and that your work has measurable impact, good or bad
- Pragmatic idealist: you understand the practical needs of the business and are able to make well-reasoned trade-offs when and if needed, when prioritizing work, architecting solutions, or meeting deadlines. You’re not interested merely in building the next cool thing, but are adept at balancing the interplay between speed, cost, and quality in order to help Candid win
- Empathetic communicator: you assume positive intent in all your interactions and communicate complex ideas clearly to varied audiences in an inclusive manner that engenders constructive dialogue or effective delivery of nuanced information. During disagreements, you set aside your personal feelings to engage mindfully with other perspectives and make compromises as needed to achieve greater outcomes
What You’ll Need
- Proficiency with parts of our technology stack: Python, React, GraphQL
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Terraform, AWS, etc.
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - right off the R & W line, and a short walk from the B, D, F, M, N, Q, 1, and 6 trains
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.