Apply for this job
NOTE: Kenna will not consider or accept resumes from external recruiters for this job posting. Kenna will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping enterprises reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks. Kenna Security was recently named one of the top 10 hottest start-ups and named to the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies list.
We’re looking for an engineer to jump into developing new and improving existing features with an eye towards a well-tested, secure and performant product. If you’re comfortable in working within a highly autonomous, agile, and iterative software development process; Kenna might be the fit for you! This position is an opportunity for an engineer to join a growing engineering team and contribute to the maintenance, expansion, and scale of the Kenna platform. Engineers are expected to take ownership of technical problems, craft solutions to complex problems, and craft code that meets our internal standards for maintainability and best practices. Our applications are widely used across the industry and your work will be used by millions of people every month.
There are a lot of security companies out there, but no one is doing what Kenna is doing: giving our customers the ability to measure their risk landscape and truly protect their environments from the ever-present threat of a breach. As a result, we’re seeing phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world flock to our platform. We have solid venture funding, an astonishing team who will support you to accomplish the impossible, and we even offer great benefits and stock options.
What are some of the interesting problems you'll be working on:
- Help build highly maintainable, performant, and usable frontend applications.
- Ensure the quality of delivered software by ensuring adherence to testing best practices
- Help develop, maintain, and evangelize frontend development best practices and ensure that they are followed across the engineering organization
- Ship quality and performant code, working with systems engineers as needed to improve processes
- Collaborate well with fellow frontend and backend engineers
- Work collaboratively on a cross functional team to contribute to the release of new features
- Evaluate web standards and ensure that the team adopts standards that make a meaningful impact on the application
- Balance good design principles with delivering features for our users
What does it take to work at Kenna:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with frontend development
- 4+ years experience using React (or equivalent) to create responsive UIs that support cross browser compatibility
- Preferably 2+ years experience using Typescript in production
- Experience using frontend testing and automation systems for unit tests, integration tests, regression tests and user acceptance tests.
- Comfortable working in an agile scrum environment on a cross functional team that is shipping features
- Excels at interacting with RESTful APIs and is confident interacting with server-side technologies
- Strong analytic, teamwork and collaboration skills to participate in discussions and help the team reach consensus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of being successful in a remote working environment
Some more details about our Frontend stack:
- React 16.8+
- Typescript 4+
- Jest +
- RTLEmotion, Styled-System, React-JSS
- Babel, ESLint, Prettier, Webpack
At Kenna you can enjoy the following:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Retirement Planning
- Company Equity
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Work From Home Setup
- Employee Referral Program
- Discretionary Time Off
- Friendly & Casual Environment
- Work/Life Balance
- Professional Development Program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.