Hearsay Systems is looking for a talented Front End Software Engineer to join our Retain & Grow team!
As a Software Engineer at Hearsay, you will get direct experience designing, developing, testing and deploying services that work at high scale and with enterprise reliability. You'll be working in a startup culture at one of Silicon Valley’s leading enterprise companies; working side by side with engineers that have years of experience designing and scaling extremely large systems.
You will be a key player in developing and improving new and existing flagship Hearsay products ranging from our Social Selling Platform to Compliant Texting solutions.
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is reinventing the human-client experience in financial services. The Hearsay Client Engagement Platform empowers over 200,000 advisors and agents to authentically and intelligently grow business relationships by proactively guiding and capturing the last mile of digital communications. The world’s leading financial firms—including Allstate, New York Life, Morgan Stanley, and Charles Schwab—rely on Hearsay’s SaaS platform to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, and deliver exceptional client service in a consistent and compliant manner.
We are a tight-knit and dedicated team that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products help advisors and agents scale personalized customer engagements across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), websites, text, and voice.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Hearsay has a globally distributed team with members in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Seattle, New York, Toronto, London, Budapest and Manila and is backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the Role:
- Collaborate with various engineering teams, product management, and design to execute a diverse range of engineering challenges that touch every aspect of Hearsay products
- Write clean and performant front-end code
- Be directly responsible for multiple components within the platform
- Share your thoughts on product features, the user experience, or literally anything else across the company
- 3+ years front-end or full-stack development experience
- Knowledge of current as well as well established component-based frontend libraries/frameworks (preferably React, Backbone, Underscore)
- Solid understanding of HTML, CSS and related technologies
- Desire to cover your work with tests (preferably with Jest)
- You've got experience working across the technical stack, developing modern web apps, and building systems that scale
- Ability to communicate in English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Understanding of data flows between systems on networks and basic security constructs that are used in on-premise and cloud based enterprise solutions
- Ability to learn new technologies and frameworks quickly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in software development
Nice to Have:
- Django, Jinja2 templates
- Familiarity with build tooling (Webpack, Babel)
- Error management and logging tools (eg. Sentry)
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: At Hearsay we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.