Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations be resilient to cyber attacks. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive insurance to help organizations recover from failures and breaches. We serve over 42,000 customers, ranging from small and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from leading global technology investors, including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Vy Capital, Hillhouse Capital, and Valor Equity Partners, among others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition's team is global with employees based across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Portugal.
About the Role
As a Front End Engineer, you will be working across multiple software development projects that can range from API’s to scraping and ETL workflows. Your primary focus will be the development of React
.js/Redux in building the user interface of the platform.
Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
- We help our users improve their security with easy-to-use applications and well-built interfaces and we’re looking for talented front-end engineers to bring these experiences to life.
- Help improve the overall experience of our platform.
- You’ll work closely with the backend engineering team to integrate existing REST APIs.
- You’ll work with the product design team to iterate over wireframes and high-fidelity mockups, turning prototypes into polished products.
- Identify areas of improvements in the code base and help with contributions to make it better, faster and stronger, both client and server-side.
- Work alongside a senior frontend engineer to make sure you grow your career and contribute to our remote culture.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 1-3 years experience.
- Experience working with modern front-end frameworks like React and AngularJS.
- Basic knowledge on CSS preprocessors (eg SASS).
- Basic knowledge on package managers and build tools like npm and webpack.
- Basic knowledge on testing with tools such as Mocha, Selenium or similar.
- Experience with REST APIs, both client and server-side.
- Awareness of browser(s) compatibility issues.
- Experience working with code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Experience building data visualizations with d3.js or a similar library.
- Working knowledge of Python and Go.
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Our culture is one of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, and authenticity. We are growing rapidly and that growth is enabled by strong teamwork, communication, and mentorship. We want people who are passionate about becoming experts in both the business and the technologies that support it. Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and de-couple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.