Arrive is looking for a Front End Engineer to help deliver on our mission to free consumers from the hassles of everyday travel by making it faster and easier to get where you need to go, so they can focus on the destination.
Focusing on our website, React-based widget, and web-based tools for consumers and partners, the Front End Engineer will help us build the best possible experience for our customers and our partners while at the same time helping us advance our codebase to the next level. We’re insanely customer-focused and excited for you to join the team and help us lead the charge.
What we're looking for
- Experience with React, webpack, and a package manager such as Yarn or Npm
- A strong understanding of HTML, CSS/SCSS, and browser rendering
- Strong familiarity with the ecosystem of front end frameworks such as lodash and moment and some experience leveraging frameworks within a project
- Familiarity with TypeScript
- Highly collaborative in the planning and grooming stages, our engineers help define the products that we build
- Shipping clean, testable code that any developer on any team could quickly get up to speed
- Strong Computer Science background, preferably with a degree
Your typical day
- Attend the morning platform team stand with folks from product management, engineering, design, UX and QA
- Work with those same folks on product development from the current sprint
- Perform technical spiking for a future initiative
- Use Slack to collaborate with your teammates and other folks throughout the organization
- Perform a code review for a recently submitted pull request
- Ship code and celebrate
Who you'll be working with
- Our engineering team is 20 strong and split up into six discrete functions: Core, Platform/Web, iOS, Android, and Data/Recommendations. You’ll primarily be working with other Platform engineers, the Platform PM, and several UI/UX designers.