Do you spend your spare time exploring the city’s hot new restaurants? Get excited by new emerging technology? Are you a keen problem solver who enjoys hunting for ways to improve things? Do you love taking on a technical challenge and being involved in the development process from start to finish? We’re a fun, hardworking bunch that is revolutionizing the restaurant and foodservice industry and we’re currently looking to hire our next Sr Frontend Engineer!
If this seems like a recipe for success, we’d love to meet you.
About the job
In this role you will be given an opportunity to be a major contributor to building the next-generation of ChefHero online mobile and web app business solutions. We are seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer who is not afraid to take advantage of new challenges and opportunities offered by a growing company. Come join us at ChefHero, where your opinion matters, your experience is valued, and interesting work will be part of your daily routine!
- Work across multiple teams and with multiple key stakeholders (engineers, QA, product manager and designers) from requirements all the way to production to build maintainable, scalable and high-quality products.
- Work with the Engineering team to ensure best practices (e.g. code reviews, code coverage, deployment and sprint rituals etc.)
- All other duties within the scope and spirit of the position.
- Our platform and applications run on Google Cloud.
- We build backend services using Python and Go, a web frontend with React and Redux, and native Android and iOS applications (in Objective-C).
- You’ve worked for 5 or more years in an Engineering team developing frontend applications.
- Have been working with React/Redux professionally and able to understand key concepts about hooks, middleware, state management and design patterns.
- Experience with consuming web services ( REST or gRPC) and creating your own.
- You have the technical skills that include web development technologies and tools, automated unit and integration testing, designing and building scalable, fault-tolerant services and reviewing code
- At least 1 year of experience working across the entire stack including backend services (APIs and micro- services), front end, databases, automated testing (unit and integration).
- Have worked in a collaborative team setting that involves working with engineers and other departments in an Agile environment.
- Full health, life and dental benefits
- Generous vacation policy
- Company stock options
- Maternity & Parental Top-up program
- Convenient office location in the heart of the tech space downtown
- Tons of social events and team-building events
- A team that values a positive, diverse and growth-oriented environment
ChefHero was established in 2015 to build a future where chefs and food distributors could easily leverage technology to manage their complex and unique businesses.
Today ChefHero is a lively startup headquartered in the heart of downtown Toronto, the fastest growing tech hub in North America, with remote
Heroes serving our partners in Chicago and all over Texas. We are a growing team with a vision to create the world’s most trusted food service industry and leave chefs with more time to do what they love: make incredible food.
Our company is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
If you require accommodation during the interview process, please let the recruiter know when contacted for an interview.
The ChefHero Team