Senior FrontEnd Engineer
JW Player is a technology platform which boasts the world’s most widely-adopted web video player, generating billions of video streams a month. We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer who will develop frontend applications that drive monetization for our customers across billions of devices monthly.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Work on innovative products that help our customers grow and monetize their audience
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team that enjoys a high level of autonomy
- Build full stack applications that are optimized for all major browsers across desktop and mobile devices.
- Work in an iterative, agile environment
- Lead the execution of major product initiatives
- Participate in planning activities, code review, providing feedback and mentorship to your peers
- Participate in bi-annual hackathons where you will have the opportunity to innovate with engineers beyond your team
Who You Are:
- You have 5-7+ years of experience developing web applications using modern frameworks (Eg. React, Vue, Angular)
- You have experience with test-driven development and behavior-driven development
- You are adept at using developer tools for debugging web applications
- You have knowledge of modern web development best practices and experience using a functional programming paradigm.
- You have experience working with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) technologies (eg. Jenkins, Buildkite)
- You have experience working with relational datastores (eg. PostgresQL, MySQL, MSSQL)
- Strong Github profile
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker)
- Experience building scalable distributed systems with cloud infrastructures such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with event-driven or message-driven architecture and datastores such as Aurora MySQL and Elasticsearch
About the Boost Team:
- Our applications are containerized with docker and deployed using Kubernetes
- We deploy multiple times per day
- We use Python for (most) backend development
- We use Postgres for our relational databases, Kafka for data change capture, RabbitMQ for our message broker, Redis for caching, Snowflake for analytics
- We use Typescript, React and Angular for frontend development
- We do CI/CD with Jenkins and Buildkite
- We use AWS infrastructure, leveraging EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, and much more
- Our video delivery APIs scale to tens of thousands of requests per second at petabyte scale
- We have a Log-based architecture using Kafka
- We have a data science/machine learning pipeline using Airflow and Tensorflow
- We have a search API powered by Elasticsearch
- We maintain a distributed framework for video metadata extraction
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.