Senior Frontend Engineer
At Tango, we're building a workflow intelligence platform to fundamentally transform how people learn, share, and discover best practices. Tango's Chrome Extension records step-by-step activity of top performers to make team processes easily reviewable and understood. Teams using Tango have more: (1) productive new hires, (2) effective coaching from managers, and (3) recognition for high performance.
We believe teams that openly support and challenge each other are destined to win. Plus, they're more fun! Working at Tango means putting the team first and growing together. We move quickly in service to our customers. If this excites you, we're excited to hear from you!
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Tango, you'll build a workflow intelligence platform to radically improve team productivity and help master how work gets done. You'll be a critical member of a talented and diverse team working in a modern, proven tech stack (React, Typescript, Tailwind, GraphQL, AWS/Serverless). You will have a huge influence on our product roadmap and will work directly with the founders and senior members of the team across engineering, product, and design — who bring their experiences from Uber, Anchorage, Docker, General Catalyst, and Harvard Business School.
What you’ll do
- Spearhead the development of new features on our cutting-edge Chrome extension and web application
- Collaborate closely with the engineering, product, and design teams to iterate on features and improvements to the Tango product
- Set and maintain high standards around development, code review, and deployment
- Lead substantial projects from inception to production, working across our frontend, backend, and supporting services to deliver outstanding user experiences
- Help us empower and grow our engineering team by interviewing new hires, mentoring other frontend engineers, and sharing best practices
Your tech stack
- You have built and supported substantial applications with modern frontend frameworks like React, Vue, Svelte, Angular, Ember, etc.
- You know how to write scalable styles and implement designs to pixel-perfection using CSS or CSS pre and post-processors like SCSS, PostCSS, etc.
- You have experience writing type-safe code with TypeScript or Flow and creating unit and end-to-end tests with Jest and Cypress.
- You have experience working with GraphQL APIs and the GraphQL ecosystem.
- You have experience with modern bundling tools such as Webpack, Parcel, or Rollup.
- [Bonus] You have experience building Chrome extensions or expertise working with the DOM.
- [Bonus] You have experience with serverless architectures (AWS Lambda, Appsync, GraphQL, CDK, DynamoDB, S3 and Cloudformation) or a desire to learn quickly.
Skills in your toolbox
- You have 4+ years of professional experience in relevant software engineering roles.
- Above all else, you are a continuous learner and are excited to add new skills to your toolbox. We believe that the best engineers can learn new skills on the job.
- You have product sense: you create more than beautiful code and can play a crucial role in choosing what we build and how we build it.
- You are an expert in managing technical debt—if you choose not to avoid it, you encapsulate it.
- You have a high-bar for quality and implement pixel-perfect UI.
Who you are:
- A mentor; we’re passionate about teams being more than the sum of their parts
- A truth-seeker; you zero-in on the most important task in order to move quickly
- A dreamer; you embrace the growth mindset and refuse to settle for good enough
- A goofball; we’re serious about not taking ourselves too seriously
- Competitive cash compensation with equity upside
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision coverage with 100% employer contribution and an HSA for qualified plans
- Unlimited vacation, 9 company holidays, birthdays off, and 6 personal volunteer days
- Stipends for professional development and productivity enhancement
- Work from anywhere
- 401(k) plan
- National Parks Annual Pass
- Fully subsidized roller skates
Lastly, inclusiveness and transparency are crucial at Tango and we welcome and look for backgrounds of all kinds. Diversity is a superpower!