Senior Mobile Engineer
Chipper Cash is Africa’s modern mobile payments platform. We’re helping friends, families and loved ones stay connected and securely send money across Africa with incredible ease and peace of mind. Our cross-border payments infrastructure also helps merchants and businesses in Africa accept payments on the internet with no friction. Over 3 million users have joined so far and we’re growing very fast. We have raised a total of $52.2M from Jeff Bezos, Joe Montana and some of the most reputable fintech Venture Capital firms in the world to accelerate the growth of financial services within Africa.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you'll help build our flagship Chipper Cash product and entirely new products that the ecosystem has never seen before. You'll work cross functionally with various product teams to build and deliver engaging user experiences and performant user interfaces.
- Be an Owner: Own technical implementation and technical roadmap improvements of the Chipper Cash Mobile App.
- Build intuitive and delightful customer experiences that strengthen our reputation for a trusted payments brand.
- Build, test and ship customer facing features/products using tools and frameworks like React Native, Typescript, ES6, and Redux.
- Raise the bar for product quality by maintaining a high baseline and quickly fixing and polishing UX issues.
- Design and contribute to the high-performance backend services that drive the mobile app.
- Set up and maintain mobile CI/CD for continuous delivery of our mobile product.
- Leverage native APIs for deeper integrations with iOS/Android platforms.
- Refine and practice a strong sense of design and human-centered UX.
- Relentlessly pursue best in class engineering standards while still getting updates and new products into our users hands.
- Empathy for building performant experiences for folks with low end devices, low disk space and slow internet connections.
- A true passion for user experience, as evidenced by an obsessive user focus, as well as an ability to render complexity down to its truest essence.
- An ability to collaborate with designers, product managers, and other Chipper product teams to come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving our users’ problems.
- You ship incrementally to move fast and can communicate how the team needs to handle product transitions.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts.
- A desire to work with some of our most demanding and discerning customers.
- A passion for building amazing end-to-end experiences with an eye for design and quality.
- You are a champion for the customer and constantly put yourself in the shoes of your users, and strive to create an intuitive and delightful experience.
Great to have:
- Commercial experience with React Native
- Experience with Native Android / iOS development/integrations and their respected build systems & release processes.
- Shipped production applications to the app store/play store with a growing number of users.
- Experience in building and maintaining a design system.
- Experience with unit and end-2-end testing to ensure confidence in quick release cycles.
- Fintech experience.
About Our Tech Stack
- Fullstack Typescript
- Fully automated CI/CD using Semaphore and Github Unit testing with Jest/Mocha
- React Native - Android / iOS application
- Monitoring with BugSnag & Amplitude
- Global state management with Redux
- Chipper UI design system powered by: Styled Components & StoryBook
- Node.js - service based architecture
- PostgreSQL application databases
- RabbitMQ for inter-server communication
- Server hosting on Heroku and Google Cloud Platform Monitoring with Datadog & Logz.io
- Snowflake for data warehousing and analysis
- Python for in-depth data analysis, transformation, and reporting
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.