About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Mobile to join our Engineering team. The Engineering team focuses on architecting, developing, and delivering highly scalable and innovative software that meets the needs of the Daily Harvest business and our customers.
Daily Harvest seeks a Senior Software Engineer, Mobile to help build the platform that enables us to take care of food. As a member of our software engineering team, you’ll craft and ship the code that powers our mobile applications -- from user-facing experiences in React Native, to code that interfaces with our RESTful API services. You’ll be joining a team of talented and highly motivated engineers who enjoy working together.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the team that is responsible for expanding the Daily Harvest ecosystem for Mobile platforms.
- Implement a cutting-edge user experience that can be seamless for both Android and iOS platforms.
- Work with internal tech teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with designers, product owners, and other members of the digital product team to develop best-of-breed digital experience that meet the needs of our users and drive our business objectives.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior members of the engineering team.
Who you are:
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience with software development
- 3+ years of experience with React Native
- Experience delivering a production application with React Native
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with several of the following: JSX, styled-components, ESLint, Prettier, Flow, Jest, storybook, Redux and redux-saga
- Experience with Agile software development and JIRA
- Native development experience (Swift or Kotlin) a plus
- Strong continuous integration and continuous delivery experience preferred
- Bonus if you have an expert understanding of app analytics, debugging & monitoring tools, concurrency & multithreading, networking and push notifications
- You actively follow and/or contribute to the React Native or general open source community
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.