As a Senior React Native Software Developer at Myplanet, you'll report directly to our Associate Director, Software Development, as you build digital products for high-profile enterprise clients. With plenty of technical challenges and opportunities to learn as you go, you'll work as part of our autonomous, Agile teams to make everyday experiences more enjoyable.
- Lead technical teams in delivering enterprise-grade solutions
- Work collaboratively with team members and proactively communicate on complex technical issues
- Prioritize and estimate work to be done alongside designers and Product Owner, to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Provide operational coaching and functional mentorship to technical team members
- Uphold a very high-quality standard
- Be transparent about progress
Is the Role a Fit for You?
The Senior React Native Software Developer role emphasizes team collaboration as well as leadership in your area of expertise. You’ll find fulfillment in the role if you…
- Delight in making things. You thrill at the concept of going beyond the theoretical and applying your ideas, skills and expertise to products used by real people every single day.
- Find passion in new challenges. You relish every opportunity to move things forward with your can-do attitude and eagerly share your entrepreneurial spark.
- Thoroughly enjoy collaborative work. You enjoy knowledge sharing in all directions and you geek out at the chance to improve skills across disciplines for you and your teammates. Most importantly, you relish the opportunity to be part of a team of warriors who co-own the output, instead of a solo hero who lives and dies by their work alone.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and Software Engineering principles
- 4+ years of industry experience as a React, React Native, and native mobile developer
- Solid knowledge of modern web and mobile development paradigms
Performance & Growth Expectations
Our environment is not your average, hierarchical software studio: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities. Your work will be measured using our 360-degree system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and will also be measured on the basis of client and user satisfaction. Your growth path is in your hands— you’ll have ongoing meetings with a mentor and professional guide to help determine your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
Benefits & Perks
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats, and learn about new disciplines.
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself in your field with 5 days of dedicated “Awesome time” (self-directed professional development) annually and quarterly training budgets
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits, and private US coverage
- Our Toronto office is a modern, ergonomic space complete with standing/sitting desks and an open-concept social atmosphere
- Additional perks are available including in-house mindfulness training, an employee stock option plan, remote group get-togethers, and more!
We're a software studio with an integrated team of designers, developers, and product managers making smarter interfaces for the world's most influential companies. We believe that great software should do more on behalf of users, helping to empower employees and engage customers. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada with studio presence in Vancouver, Chicago, and San Jose, Costa Rica, we're a team of over 100 designers, developers, product managers and enablers hell-bent on making the workplace better.
A Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we work to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.