Nearly 50% of the population is projected to be obese by 2030, and obesity is the number one cause of preventable death in the United States. Half of Americans go on diets every year, and yet only 5% of those dieters actually lose weight.
We wanted something that stopped focusing on short term weight loss and started emphasizing long term weight care. Something backed by science, not just by celebrities. So we found it.
Found is a weight care company that makes weight loss and maintenance achievable by providing an individualized, medically-guided program that leads to lasting results. We carefully consider the biological, psychological, and social contributors to weight and offer a tailored solution for every member.
We’re on a mission to improve people’s overall wellbeing, by making evidence based weight loss accessible & affordable for all. Our vision is to cure the obesity epidemic globally.
As Senior Engineer, Front-End, and one of the startup’s first engineering hires, you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the company’s product roadmap and engineering culture. You will build key customer-facing front end supported by reliable back end systems.
What You'll Do:
- Understand key customer and internal needs and propose technology-driven solutions
- Build delightful user experiences
- Write clean and efficient code
- Contribute to product, design, engineering and architecture for all of our technology solutions
- Work with the product, operations, behavioral health and marketing teams to influence and shape our product strategy and roadmap
- Help build and contribute to a high-performance engineering culture
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience working on external facing applications
- Professional experience with React, Redux or a comparable front-end web framework
- Very proficient with frameworks and libraries that are state of the art
- Familiarity with Typescript and Node.js
- Astute understanding of how to develop fault-tolerant applications that integrate with many third-parties
- Experience working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers
- A team oriented personality, bias to action, excellent communication skills
- A strong work ethic and the desire to work at an early stage startup
- A desire to improve yourself and be a positive influence on those around you
- An instinctive desire to write quality code, the humility to understand and improve existing code, and the judgment to make tradeoffs between elegance and efficiency
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Found is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.