Tempo’s mission is to create a healthier world by making personalized fitness training accessible to everyone. It’s the first and only strength training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories work can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
Tempo is seeking a Senior Front End Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. You will be responsible for leading the development of features for the Tempo service. We have an exciting and ambitious feature set planned and you will primarily be working on React
and Typescript to bring these new features to life. You’ll also iterate on tools our Trainers and Computer Vision Engineers use to enable our cutting-edge workout experience. If you want to work on the latest in machine learning and AI at a fast-growing start-up, then we would love to meet you!
- 2+ years of experience working with React
- Experience managing a team
- Experience using Typescript or other typed language in a production environment
- Hardware experience a big plus (bluetooth or working on a heart rate monitor)
- Leadership experience in terms of leading a major project or leading a small team
- Expertise with front end dev tooling, such as Yarn and NPM
- Familiarity with Git and Agile best practicesCI experience (Travic, Circle, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience shipping clean, maintainable code for consumer products
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Tremendous opportunities for personal growth
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks such as team workouts on Fridays and access to personal trainers
- Opportunity to make a huge impact and define the future of the product