Ledn is a financial services technology company with a mission to help people save in bitcoin and other digital assets. Our core suite of products and services is comprised of: (i) Dollar loans backed by bitcoin (for those who want liquidity but do not want to sell); (ii) Crypto or stablecoin savings accounts (for those who want to earn a yield on their digital asset); and (iii) B2X (a service that doubles the amount of bitcoin you own through the use of a bitcoin-backed loan). Ledn has built a proprietary technology and operational stack which allows us to deliver world class financial products across the globe.
As an important member of our Engineering team, you'll build intuitive, accessible, reusable UI components that define our user experience with the least amount of clicks possible. You will be collaborating with the UI/UX designer and other engineers to deliver best in class products and services worldwide.
What You'll Do:
- Lead in building the foundation for the frontend codebase structure, testing requirements and policies in anticipation of the team's growth and scaling requirements
- Implement fully automated test coverage which is integrated with CI/CD
- Maximize page speed, both for loading and interactions
- Implement TypeScript throughout the codebase
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers, engineers, marketing, and other stakeholders to help design and implement new features, simplify the existing codebase, and scale our systems as we rapidly grow and evolve.
- Implement a more modular architecture to our product suite
- Collaborate with designers to develop a component library which is used across applications to bring continuity and standardization of design
- Continuously improve our user experience
- Use your creativity and provide recommendations on user features or new products
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of professional experience building reusable frontend components that can be applied across platforms
- Experience with React, React Native, TypeScript, AWS, MongoDB and JS frameworks
- Experience with micro-services architecture and best practices
- Engineers with strong component and design systems knowledge
- Working knowledge of typography, layout systems
- values writing good quality code and unit/end to end tests. Able to tell a story through your code that non-technical people can make sense of
We're Particularly Interested In People Who:
- Have strong ownership of their work and pride in what they build
- Work transparently and collaboratively in a true team setting
- Favour regular, incremental delivery over perfection
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for themselves and their teams
- Open to mentoring and helping others grow
It's COVID, where are you working?
We're all working remote until Summer 2021. After that, if and when it's safe to do so, we'll return to a part-time office arrangement in downtown Toronto. We've learned a lot working remotely and are pretty good at it, but also miss connecting and collaborating with our team!
Ledn has experienced tremendous growth since launching in 2018, and is one of Canada’s leading digital asset companies. Ledn was the first company to offer Bitcoin-backed loans in Canada. Our mission is to be a leader in the digital asset financial system both in Canada and globally, and helping clients around the world save and borrow digital assets. Ledn is led by a team with decades of experience in traditional financial services and banking, all connected by a common belief in the future of digital assets.We look forward to hearing from you, but please note; due to the high volume of applications, only candidates who qualify will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you, but please note; due to the high volume of applications, only candidates who qualify will be contacted.