Posted 2 years ago
Apply for this job
WHO WE ARE
Util is a London-based fintech company on a mission to change the way the world invests.
We believe redirecting global capital towards sustainable companies is the most effective way to fix the biggest social and environmental challenges of our time. The problem is, there isn’t yet a way to holistically measure a company’s environmental and social impact.
We’re solving the challenge using state-of-the-art natural language processing (NLP). Our analytics draw from academic research to quantify the positive and negative impact of every listed company, as measured against the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
We’re a small team of nine with a diverse range of experiences, skills and personalities, united in our drive to move the financial industry towards sustainable outcomes. This is a great opportunity to support us at an early and exciting stage in our journey.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
While our team houses a lot of back-end and data experience, this round of hiring will establish the first dedicated front-end role. As such you will be building out the engineering teams front-end branch, including:
- Working with back-end engineers to implement the next generation of Util web applications.
- Leading on the implementation of a web application to showcase and improve Util analytics.
- Helping design our infrastructure around web-based deployments.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You enjoy working on new problems.
You are passionate about code quality, web page design, and user experience.
You excel at self-directing your work in the context of a larger team.
You are excited at the prospect of building out a new branch of our engineering team.
You can adapt your day-to-day work to reflect the priorities of the engineering team, which can shift quickly.
You love sharing any new ideas you create or discover within an idea meritocracy.
You care passionately about sustainability and solving big environmental and social problems with technology.
WHAT YOU KNOW
You’ll need proven experience in:
- Working as a Front End Engineer (minimum three years)
- Writing production Typescript, HTML5, CSS (minimum two years)
- Developing with one of: React, VueJs, Angular
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance.
- Experience with UX and UI.
- Deploying stable, well-structured, and legible code.
- Developing and designing web applications, including experience dealing with usability, accessibility and cross-browser issues and solutions.
- Using Git as a member of an engineering team
- Cloud Computing with Linux on one of: AWS, GCP, Azure.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Flexible working policy
- Private health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Licensed Tier 2 Visa Sponsor
- Annual education and training budget, including company book scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Tech Scheme offering electronics and tech through salary sacrifice
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in what we’re building, please apply! Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions.