Apply for this job
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
Our product engineering group builds our main product interface (https://www.onesignal.com) and API. With over 9 billion messages sent each day and over 1 million users, our small team’s work makes a massive impact. We tackle challenges at the intersection of engineering and product development, like notification authoring for over a dozen different platforms and multiple mediums (push, in-app, SMS, and email) and intelligent message delivery customized to each recipient.
Our team engineering process is extremely lightweight (inspired by the original Agile Manifesto), driven by clear ownership, and built for learning. We work closely with our product and design teams throughout the development process and opt for collaboration over hand-offs. As part of our team, you’d work side-by-side with product and design to drive headline features and make our web client shine.
Our client app is rapidly evolving with the best modern tech (well-typed TS, React with FCs & clean hooks, modular styles with styled-components). Additionally, we engineer all parts of our system for scale and reliability, which provides a lot of great technical challenges that most client apps never even consider
We view software engineering as a team endeavor, and partake in fun and collaborative engineering practices like technical tea times, pair and mob programming, and hobby/game nights—including work-hour Game Times.
In a typical month, a Senior Frontend Engineer at OneSignal might:
- Iterate with product on specs and designs, weighing in not just on feasibility but on opportunities driven by great tech
- Pair with designers to prototype new feature ideas or investigate a new UX idea to make an existing feature even more delightful to use
- Solve challenging business and scalability challenges in a project with elegant, readable code and clear tests
- Propose a technical investment to make our systems faster, safer, more maintainable, or better in another way you’re passionate about—then drive it forward with your colleagues.
Skills & Experience:
- Expertise with modern client-side development with JS/TS + React or an equivalent
- Experience architecting sophisticated client applications with high maintainability
- Experience with client performance considerations for building great UXs
- Experience with server-side development (NodeJS, Rails, Django, etc.)
- A passion for mentoring junior and mid-level software engineers to achieve technical excellence together
- Experience breaking down complex technical challenges into easily understandable tasks and working with a team to drive projects forward
- 4+ years software engineering experience building consumer or business applications
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.