Senior Front-End Software Engineer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Senior Front-End Software Engineer to join our LA Engineering team. As a Front-end Developer, you will be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact within a web application, which makes your role crucial for the success of our business.
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
What you'll get to do:
- Be part of a pragmatic engineering team that’s a leading tech provider in digital finance
- Lead a group of junior engineers to accomplish objectives with the support of an engineering manager
- Implement a framework that will help increase junior and mid engineers efficiency and performance consistency
- Ensure team’s adherence to technical standards and alignment with the architectural direction.
- Own and execute on multiple roadmap items, analyze and understand performance and scalability bottlenecks in the system to provide appropriate solution
- Anticipate feedback in pull requests and apply solutions in a proactive manner
- Work with engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy code safely and automatically to production
- Use frameworks like React and Angular to build world-class Single Page Applications
- Explore exciting new technologies like GraphQL and Progressive Web Apps
- Contribute to open-source initiatives
How we are as a team:
- We have a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting virtual Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending virtual conferences
- We foster a collaborative environment and practice active inclusion
- We’re pragmatic programmers and are a strong voice for technological direction of systems at Amount
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- You enjoy building UIs with React, Typescript, and Webpack
- You care about performance and understanding the impacts on customers
- You are excited about refactoring and system design as we migrate to a service-based architecture and prepare for scaling and increasing data flow
- You are motivated by innovation and take pride in improving the experience of our customers
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that this position will not be remote long-term and our expectation is that this individual will join us in our Los Angeles office when it is safe to do so.
Enjoy each other's company over virtual happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike racks easily accessible out front.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!