Apply for this job
Help Us Shape the Future of Healthcare.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer, Frontend (Shopify) to help us deliver the features and updates to our marketplace offerings. In this role, you will work as part of a small cross-functional team to iteratively deliver value to our customers. Each of our product delivery teams is responsible for shipping an important piece of our roadmap, as well as continually maintaining and improving a specific area of our product.
To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in teams and enjoys collaborating. Furthermore, you understand the business impact of your code and enjoy incorporating the business objectives into your approach to development. You enjoy working with product management to find the best solution to the problem at hand, and can balance technical tradeoffs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively. You are pragmatic and always strive for effective coding practices.
- Work on a cross-functional, feature-driven engineering team.
- Participate in technical design and planning discussions.
- Collaborate closely with UX designers to build new features and contribute to our growing component library.
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance.
- Live our team values of ownership, collaboration, and impact
- You have relevant hands-on experience in frontend development using React/Redux
- You have experience building ecommerce frontend solutions with Shopify
- You have experience building Shopify apps (in Shopify App Store or private apps)
- You know how to write high-quality, testable code, and understand the tradeoffs between expediency and maintainability
- You have strong UX and design sensibilities, and know how to build complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- You are a clear communicator, and you can explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers without a problem
- When things break, you’re eager and able to help fix things
- Exposure to React and Redux is a plus!
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus!
We’re on a mission to inspire people from all backgrounds to improve their health. We curate a personalized collection of trusted products and services in our marketplace to empower every individual to live their best life. We want you to help enable this mission in our marketplace.
Our marketplaces run on Shopify configured with multiple private and public apps. We build the marketplace frontend in Liquid, React and interact with our backend that runs on Google Cloud. You may not have expertise in our particular programming languages or technologies, but that’s okay. What’s important to League is your ability to take ownership and solve problems, as well as your collaborative spirit and drive for professional growth.
Our platform and applications run on Google Cloud. We build our backend services with Go and MongoDB, our web apps with React and Redux, and native Android and iOS apps. We ship code to production every day, and we’re always looking to improve both the quality and speed of our releases. You may not have expertise in our particular programming languages or technologies, but that’s okay. What’s important to League is your ability to take ownership and solve problems, as well as your collaborative spirit and drive for professional growth.
At League, we’re big on building connections - both through our product and with each other. Our platform is consumer centric, personalized and always on. It’s a front door to healthcare that empowers people to live healthier, happier lives. Every day.
When you feel connected to our mission, values and the work you do, you’re driven to perform your best every day. When you feel connected to people you work with, you’re able to build meaningful relationships that last. Together, we share the ultimate goal of delivering better health outcomes for everyone.
The world has changed, and so has the way we work. We believe you can work where you work best (whether it’s in the office all the time, a few days a week, or none of the time), and still feel connected to our mission, values, purpose, and each other. League is headquartered in Toronto with a second office in Chicago and we believe in empowering Leaguers to work their way—anywhere that works for them in Canada and the US. We also have members of the Engineering team working with us remotely in Brazil!
When it comes to perks and benefits, one size never fits all. We’re flexible here at League so everyone has the choice to get exactly what they need. This includes unlimited PTO, competitive salaries, paid parental leave, a Lifestyle Spending Account, a Health Spending Account and more!
Everyone is welcome. Diversity makes us better, and we believe in building diversity across cultural identity, gender, sexual orientation, age and education, thought and experience. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.