Are you ready to revolutionize a trillion dollar global industry? Do you believe that B2B software should focus on the individual and not feel so corporate? Are you looking for a team that values your ideas and emphasizes collaboration?
Join NexTravel’s team to challenge the travel industry stasis, which is fraught with hidden fees, cancellations, delays, expense reports, and time away from families, not to mention a logistical, financial and accounting nightmare for companies.
We’re reimagining business travel by leveraging the latest technology to disrupt a decades-old infrastructure. Businesses like Stripe, Toast, and Yelp rely on us to make business travel a dream. We process millions of dollars in bookings every month and we are only months away from reaching profitability.
Shall we make the connection?
We are looking for someone to build an engineering team from the ground up in Los Angeles. This is a dream job for someone that wants to hire and build a team that fits with your approach to development. You’ll be plugging into a company that is profitable and growing.
As you get the team hired and situated, there are awesome long term opportunities for a data focused engineering manager. There is tons of historical pricing data, historical usage data, changing travel fares/rules--and we are looking for someone that can come in and make sense of it all. You will work with a product team that’s excited about using machine learning to improve the customer experience.
This is a role where you will have a chance to be hands on at first as you grow the team. Ideally, we are looking for someone that can scale the team size up to at least 25 and be a successful manager of engineering leads.
- We are quality obsessed and love to use automation to help us avoid simple mistakes
- We have a team that knows when to act like a scrappy startup and when it’s time to think about something more robust/scalable
- We care about having a great partnership with product as well as sales and marketing--it’s all in service of customers at the end of the day
Technologies We Use
- React / Redux
- PHP / MySQL
- AWS / EC2 / S3 / RDS
- Microservices Architecture
- Competitive salary and equity compensations
- Unlimited PTO
- Awesome travel perks like Lyft credits
- Usual perks like insurances, snacks, LaCroix, and more
- An opportunity to be an early employee in a fast growing startup, to thrive and have a ton of fun!
- 5 years of experience managing and leading developers in both startups and larger companies
- Able to successfully recruit a team of engineers
- Ability to own engineering metrics to measure the quality of the codebase and evaluate engineer performance
- Strong experience in React, Node, PHP, and MySQL
- Ability to manage contract and offshore development efforts