Gallery Media Group is a rapidly growing digital media company that includes women’s lifestyle brand, PureWow, which is dedicated to making a woman’s life more beautiful, manageable, and efficient; ONE37pm, a men’s lifestyle brand at the intersection of culture, style, music and sports, seen through the lens of entrepreneurship; and a collection of premium podcast shows that includes the GaryVee Audio Experience, Mom Brain, Royally Obsessed and The CMO Podcast with Jim Stengel.
Our mission is to “make positivity louder.”
We are seeking a full-time Frontend Engineer for the New York City office (Remote till we return to the office). You’ll be supporting and creating technology that powers all of our user facing sites & systems. This includes but isn’t limited to our Purewow.com, One37pm, our corporate, and numerous mini-sites. If you are a generalist that wants to contribute a meaningful amount to a small team this role will be a great fit for you.
- Work on an agile cross functional team that encompasses a few different products (Standups, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives etc..)
- Maintain and further develop highly scalable modern web applications
- Research new technologies and innovative solutions
- Work closely with the product, design, and other engineering teams to develop new features and support existing ones
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the latest frontend technologies and how they allow a modern digital media publication to run
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 1-2 years experience on an engineering team or via internships.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Independent and practical mindset. Being the main contributor on a project doesn’t phase you
- Advocate for clean code, testing, documentation and the latest best practices
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the digital media industry and current trends
- Bonus: Working knowledge of web performance best practices that make sites load quickly and efficiently
- Bonus: An interest or past experience working in adjacent domain expertise. (Design, Backend, Analytics, Product)
Technologies We Love
- React, GraphQL, Node.Js
- PHP, Wordpress, Python, Bash
- AWS (especially EC2, S3, Cloudfront, Lambda, RDS, & Elasticache), Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes, Docker, ECS, Jenkins, Ansible
- Cloudwatch, Datadog
- Mysql, Postgres, Redshift
Location: New York
Benefits: Competitive salary (based on experience); benefits (medical and dental), 401k, unlimited vacation and fun perks.