540 is looking for a React
Developer to help the federal government #GetShitDone. You'll be building applications using modern open source technologies hosted on AWS. You’ll be part of an agile team including Full Stack Developers, Data Engineers, DevSecOps Engineers, UI/UX Designers, Business Analysts and Scrum Masters. This position can expect full remote
work in the near term with the possibility of a future Atlanta office presence (full remote still possible). Expect biannual travel to 540's headquarters in Arlington, VA for company events.
You can expect a fast-paced environment in which the team will be providing development, security and operations services that include artificial intelligence and machine learning to support USCIS Information Technology System Delivery. The USCIS administers the nation's lawful immigration system, safeguarding its integrity and promise by efficiently and fairly adjudicating requests for immigration benefits while protecting Americans, securing the homeland, and honoring our values.
540 is a forward-thinking company that the government turns to in order to #GetShitDone. We do more than talk about it, we break down barriers to innovation and build impactful tech. We’re looking for someone with big ideas, who thrives on innovation and is a self-starter. If you love to learn about and work with new technologies, we want to talk to you.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of React, Angular or VueJS experience, with at least minimal exposure to React
- Experience in agile development processes
- Experience building and consuming REST APIs
- Experience with Git and GitFlow development workflow
- Ability to define, create, and execute unit tests
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have or be able to obtain a United States Security Clearance
- #GetShitDone mentality
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Java and/or Spring Boot
- Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Science or related degree
- Experience working with the government, specifically with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- 100% covered health, dental and vision premium for employees, optional dependent coverage
- 401k with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage
- Flexible PTO + all Federal holidays off
- Paid parking or transit expenses
- Generous monthly technology stipend
- Education and Training allowance
- Fully loaded Macbook Pro
- Referral Bonus - good people know good people
- Ongoing Social Events (including, but not limited to annual hackathons, Taste of 540, holiday party, annual charity golf tournament, so much more…)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
540's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.