Here at Beyond Pricing, we are passionate about helping vacation rental owners and managers be successful. Backed by the world class Bessemer Venture Partners, we have grown from a bootstrapped company of a few to the market leader in our category. We attribute our success to our belief that the people are the most important part of a business, and our commitment to being a fantastic place to work.
It's with that in mind that Beyond Pricing is looking to add a Senior Front End Engineer to our growing team. Reporting to our VP, Engineering, you will have the opportunity to join a greenfield project building the new front-end for our newest product, Signal. Your focus will be on reimplementing and replacing the existing PHP codebase with a modern React / Next.js single-page application.
Because you will be working with a successful team that is completely remote, excellent coding and communication skills are key. If you want to inspire innovation and cultivate an environment of continuous improvement, then read on!
Beyond Pricing's Engineering team believes in:
- Reducing scope - The best way to ship more stuff is to ship less!
- Shipping early - Getting feedback as early as possible even if the project/feature isn’t 100% there;
- Iterating and improving - Once you got the feedback and there is a need for it, go back and improve the v1;
- Taking ownership - Owning the code you shipped as you are the expert and knows best;
- Driving revenue - At the end of the day we are here to make Beyond a successful business.
As our Senior Front End Engineer you'll be responsible for:
- Rebuilding a successful legacy product with modern best-practices, and iterating to a best-in-class solution using React / Next.js
- Working with the Front-End team to integrate Signal into the existing Ember.js based core product
- Working closely with Back-End Engineering and Product teams to create new user-interfacing features
- Improving Front-End tooling and implementing best practices for Front End development. Signal is a new product and we need people with opinions that want to build a great development environment
- Seeing a product from conception to market. Working closely with the Product team and contributing to the feedback loop is a key for this role
What you’ll get out of it:
- The opportunity to work directly with Beyond’s Employee #1 and Signal Principal Engineer to drive adoption of our newest product and second largest revenue generator
- Your features will be deployed quickly, you don’t have to wait weeks to get your code in production as we move fast
- Have your voice heard, we truly believe any individual could contribute to the product, we admire innovation
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who move fast and love working on hard problems
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? The person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Focused on the big picture - being able to change and understand the backend is important for you
- Opinionated - you enjoy being the voice of the end user and you come to the table with ideas for improvement
- Technical - you consider yourself to be extremely knowledgeable on the React framework
Now that we've told you what the job looks like, here are the qualifications we're looking for in a candidate:
- 5+ years of experience with React / Next.js
- Start-up and/or SaaS experience preferred
- Experience mentoring others, including code review. You love to contribute your knowledge and you know this is how good teams become great
We are serious about our core values - We Care, We Are On the Same Team, We Inspire Trust, We Go Beyond, We Ship It - if those resonate with you, and you're ready to work with a team that lives and breathes those values, we want to hear from you.
Beyond Pricing is committed to building a workplace that attracts humans of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds, statuses and lifestyles. At our core, we care about our people and encourage every employee, partner and applicant to share their whole self with us. We are respectful of and empathetic towards different viewpoints, and believe that our ability to help short term rental managers succeed relies on us building a dynamic and diverse team. Whoever you are, you can Belong @ Beyond.