Apply for this job
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. We believe this technology will fundamentally change the world for the better and will affect nearly every industry over the coming decades. We've recently raised our Series C funding and are now expanding our Software Engineering capabilities!
As a member of the Software Engineering team at Rigetti, you will own and contribute to a portfolio of key web applications supporting the development of leading edge Quantum Computers by some of the world's brightest minds in experimental physics and engineering. You will work closely with product managers, quantum physicists and chip designers, and the software engineering team to build apps from scratch and also maintain existing apps. You’ll have a direct impact on making quantum computing easy, accessible, and commercially viable. You can also take pride in being one of the few software engineers supporting the development of the world's next generation of computing.
As engineering leaders, we value diversity and are committed to building a culture of inclusion to attract and engage innovative thinkers. Our technology, meant to serve all of humanity, cannot succeed if those who built it do not mirror the diversity of the communities we serve. Applications from women, minorities, and other under represented groups are strongly encouraged.
You Are a Great Fit If
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, physicists and engineers to build user-facing web apps and internal tools.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems.
- Build apps from scratch, as well as maintain existing applications.
- Guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs.
- Ship products with test coverage and clear documentation.
- Find and address performance and usability issues.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Design effective data visualizations.
- Ask great questions and help develop requirements when they are still unclear.
- Delight internal customers by turning impossible into possible, hard into easy, opaque into transparent.
- 2+ years of experience with Python.
- Comfortable operating in dynamic environments, and capable of being self-directed; develop, prioritize, and execute without always having full specifications.
- Formal knowledge of programming languages such as one might obtain from a bachelor's degree in computer science or several years in a disciplined software engineering organization.
- Facility with modern software engineering practices including version control, integration testing, and cloud deployment
Bonus If You Have:
- Launched large scale React apps.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Startup experience.
- 5+ years working on data-intensive or scientific applications. A PhD in a quantitative discipline would count.
As we continue to navigate these unprecedented times, we have committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our employees and have adopted a virtual interview process. We are open to candidates who are interested in working remotely full time, so long as they are based within the United States and can commit to working pacific standard time hours. Occasional visits to our Berkeley Headquarters may be required.
Benefits and Perks:
Rigetti seeks individuals who are motivated by grand challenges and the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the exciting quantum computing space. As long-term visionaries, we offer employees opportunities for continuous personal and professional growth so they can advance our mission to help solve humanity's most important and pressing problems. To support the financial success and health of our employees and their families, we offer the following benefits in addition to a competitive base salary:
- 401k Plan- Generous Equity Grant
- 98% coverage on Medical (Kaiser or Anthem Blue Cross), Guardian Dental, Guardian Vision
- Anthem Blue Cross Life Insurance at no cost to the employee
- Opportunities for additional performance-based equity grants or bonuses
To help our employees bring their best selves to work, we also offer various perks to support each individual to perform at their highest level and foster work life balance. All full-time exempt employees are eligible for:
- Unlimited PTO as soon as they join
- Fitness Activity & Gym Membership Reimbursement
- 16 Week Paid Parental Leave
- FSA & Commuter Benefits
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Work Schedule
As we continue to grow our company, we will prioritize applicants who have created a thoughtful application and share our vision and passion for quantum computing. While we regret that we can't hire every applicant, we keep applications on file for 2 years and will reach out if you're a good fit for a future opportunity.
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
Don't see the job you want? Apply here so we can keep in touch with you when the right role opens up in the future!
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants eligible to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.