We're on a mission to build the world's leading AI platform that will transform the insurance industry making insurance cheaper, and more fair for everyone.
We develop machines with deep comprehension and vast data access to guide humans to the optimal decisions and enable them to handle enormous numbers of claims. Our training data includes all parts of historical insurance claims, as well as data we source externally such as medical, weather, geographic, demographic and court data. Our findings are presented in intuitive product. The result is potential savings in the hundreds of millions.
We own the entire customer facing application layer. Where the data science team journey ends, our journey begins. We read batch daily data from SQL tables and present them to the user in awesomely intuitive products. The products are built on a shared, unified platform. Our engineering culture values simplicity, core engineering principles, quality, honesty, transparency and strong collaboration.
Our stack is built in React, Python, Okta and Postgres.
If you’re excited to work on a fast-moving enterprise engineering team using the latest technologies at high scale, we want to meet you.
• Build beautiful, intuitive UX and products with React
* Be responsible for the entire life cycle of designing, building and launching enterprise applications.
* Work in greenfield projects where you have high levels of ownership
* Bring creative new ideas to the table
* Work directly with the head of product, data science team, UX designer, and end users
The applications you’ll be building will deliver machine learning insights and workflows to our users in a beautiful way. We’ll make their jobs more fun, more productive, more effective.
You will have a key role in shaping the future of Evolution IQ’s products. From technology choices to building the roadmap, you will have a large amount of ownership and scope in this role. The team will look to you to provide crucial technical expertise and help prioritize features.
The ideal person for this role should have extensive experience going through the full feature development life cycle: from working with product managers to decide scope, designing a database schema for representing the data, considering the serving needs, working with designers to figure out UX, implementing the interface, and finally maintaining the feature/system.
• Design, build and launch frontend architectures that support multi-tenant, multi-user scenarios
• Remain agile and move between rapid prototyping and stable production development
• Write efficient, reliable relational database queries
• Maintain high levels of enterprise grade quality utilizing state of the art practices in security, scalability, lighting fast performance, and visual UX quality
• Write design documents, perform code reviews, and maintain state of the art engineering practices
• Tell stories with data by building rich, intuitive data visualizations
We are founded by a senior Google AI expert and a Bridgewater Associates Algorithmic Investor & Stanford MBA. We’re not looking for employees. We’re looking for partners in work and partners in culture-building. The development team consists of world class engineers and leaders from companies like Google and Bloomberg. Each individual has had great success building large scale enterprise software and is now excited to try their hand at transforming the insurance industry.
Our investors include First Round Capital (seed investors in Uber, Square, Looker), FirstMark (Airbnb, Pinterest, Shopify) and Foundation Capital (Lending Club, CoverWallet, Netflix) and we have deep support within each of their organizations. You will also have full access to their networks and counterparts at portfolio companies for advice, ideas and community.
We think work should be intense, rewarding and flexible. While there is a standard set of benefits listed below, we are small enough that we can consider any specific requests that you need. We’re a well funded company and we’re able to offer competitive compensation packages and real ownership in your work. Specific compensation and equity varies with experience level.
• Full Medical and Dental Insurance
• Flexible vacation
• Paid team lunches
EvolutionIQ is an equal opportunity employer because we value diversity in all meanings of the word. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.