As a Front End Web Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and supporting web-based solutions for our clients and company.
Are you interested in developing web solutions that will make an impact across multiple industries while growing your ever-evolving development skills with innovative technology solutions? As an engineer on our team, you will get to own the development in all phases of the software life-cycle from architecture and design through deployment and release. You will help create scalable, global mobile applications and work on project teams to deliver complex world-class with high-quality code.
We make things that matter.
Remote opportunities available!
- Design, Develop and support advanced web-based solutions
- Work with other disciplines to deliver solutions (creative & strategy, native app & server engineers, quality assurance)
- Self-manage your own time and project duties
- Continually learn and explore emerging web technologies and best practices
- Experience in professional-level front end web development using react.js with the ability to flex into other technologies and languages
- Experience in building mobile and responsive web applications
- Strong software architecture skills
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Cross-browser support skills
- Effective collaborator and communicator
- Ability to work with UX/UI designers to build the best possible experience
- Knowledge of professional mobile engineering practices & best practices for the full development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Working independently with minimal guidance and supervision on highly complex, technically advanced projects
- Having a solid professional development background with an understanding of Software Architecture and Design
- Developing cutting-edge projects writing high-quality code
Expectations for our more experienced positions:
- Providing technical guidance, leadership, and oversight on assigned projects
- Helping grow the technical knowledge and skills of other developers
- Mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, productive software engineers
- Influence software engineers best practices within your team
- Experience building mobile solutions for Fortune 500 companies
- Ability to consult with clients
- Experience working as a part of a distributed team
- Ability to be flexible
- Mac User
- React Native
- Authoring Chrome & Firefox Extensions
- Animation with Greensock, Famo.us, or similar platform
Our people are our greatest strength. Bottle Rocket firmly believes in diversity, inclusion, and racial equality for everyone. We are committed to taking a bold stance against inequality and are asking you to join us. We know we have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but we also know that we are taking steps in the right direction. Learn more about our ongoing commitment to inclusion & diversity here
Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Bottle Rocket, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship, genetic information, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.We are committed to creating and supporting a diverse workforce. In fact, we believe strongly that diversity is one of the best competitive advantages. Whether it's diversity of age, ethnicity, gender, belief systems or world views, a more diverse group of people will always produce a more robust, creative and comprehensive solution. We value all Rocketeers' talents equally and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. None of us is more important than another.