Who We Are at Sprout Therapy:
Sprout Therapy is a tech-forward provider of pediatric therapy across the United States. We believe that families, clinicians, and insurers all deserve a better healthcare experience, so we built one.
Backed by > $30mm from General Catalyst, Felicis Ventures, Founders Fund, & others. Our mission is to provide personalized, technology-empowered care for children with autism in the environment best suited to help them grow and thrive — the home. We’re looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, caring professionals to help us improve autism care.
In the role of a Front-End Software Engineer, you’ll play a key part in creating high quality user interfaces for Sprout Therapy’s suite of digital products. The products and features you build here will play a huge role in changing the way Autism care is administered across the globe. You’ll work very closely with cross-functional teams including Product, Data, Design, and Operations to launch best in class technical solutions for clinical and administrative management.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll develop end-to-end user interfaces that help families with Autism receive top notch care
- You’ll think strategically about how to architect solutions that are easily reusable and modularized across our various product initiatives
- You’ll work closely with design to ensure that all UX/UI is technically feasible, and be proactive about giving feedback to areas we can improve to ensure the optimal solution is built
- You’ll work closely with product managers and designers to understand user pain points, and work on solutions to address those pains
- You’ll collaborate closely with product managers, back-end engineers, and designers to ensure we always build the best product solutions possible
- Collaborate with Designers and Back-End Engineers and business stakeholders
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- A solid understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Understand how NodeJS works and how it can be used with client applications
- Deliver clean code adhering to best practices, and help give critical feedback in code reviews to your peers
- Modern source control systems experience and understanding the basics of the modern software development process (Agile, Scrum)
- Software development experience in TDD techniques (as a plus)
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Proactive about asking questions and challenging feature ideas, and have a desire to always ensure we’re building the right solutions (and are vocal about ensuring we do)
- Product and user experience minded, and understand that how we build it matters as much as what we build
In addition to our clinicians and supporting departments, our company is built around four cross functional teams (spanning operations, product, marketing, business development, etc.):
- Demand - Deliver top notch products and services to our growing number of patients. You’ll work with families to understand pain points and optimize the patient journey from first contact to start of care to offboarding.
- Supply - Own and manage the relationship with our clinical practitioners. You are responsible for the growth of our clinician ecosystem by attracting, recruiting, and retaining high quality autism care providers.
- Platform - Build tools and provide services to optimize and improve the delivery of clinical care. You’ll help match the right provider with the right family, coordinate clinical care, and develop digital therapeutics products.
- Quality - Improve the quality of care delivered to our patients. You’ll ensure that we provide strong clinical outcomes, develop training platforms to level up our providers, and maintain compliance with a variety of payor and regulatory requirements.
At Sprout, we are a globally distributed team with many of our team members located in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face to face collaboration with a remote friendly environment.
What We Believe:
- Patients first, everything else second: We put our patients first, always. No decision is made at Sprout without considering the value it would bring to our families.
- Think and act like an owner: We think of ourselves as not just employees but part owners. We understand that when Sprout thrives, we all thrive.
- Candor and respect: We can't achieve greatness without ever disagreeing. We need to have healthy debates to ensure that we're making the right decisions.
- Never settle for less: We don't settle for anything less than excellence. We're relentlessly committed to delivering the best care to our patients and always strive to do better by them.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Sprout Therapy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.