The Pokémon International Company is embarking on an innovation journey and radically transforming its digital commerce capabilities to meet accelerating international demand for original and collectable Pokémon products. A world-renowned brand with a startup culture, committed at the highest executive levels to leveraging the most modern technologies to achieve a bold new vision for our company and our fans.
We are looking for a Front End Developer, to support the eCommerce team with its mission to expand its platforms offering products to a growing international customer base. The Front End developer, is responsible for contributing to all stages of the software lifecycle, design, development, testing and internal support for best-in-class Pokemon Center web applications. This position will work closely with other developers/contractors, project managers to develop solutions which enhance customers’ shopping experience.
- Use technical knowledge to design and build complex web applications to meet requirements/specifications
- Focus on building best-in-class web front-end components on a wide variety of third-party applications and systems
- Collaborate with design and product management to optimize customer UX
- Combine interface design concepts with digital design and establish milestones
- Ensure all aspects of the User Interface conforms to the style guidelines for brand
- Work with other front end developers/Contractors to build reusable web components
- Regular communication and collaboration with designers and other developers to ensure consistency across platform.
- Collaborate with back-end web developers and programmers to improve usability
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art methods, practices, and technologies
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Analyze data to understand issues and take corrective actions when needed, knowing when and how to escalate.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while maintaining a focus on global strategic initiatives for product development to ensure alignment with European expansion
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Impeccable technical background, with understanding of software development and eCommerce web technologies.
- 5+ years of web development experience with React, Redux and NextJs.
- Degree in Computing Science preferred
- Experience with Nodejs strongly preferred.
- Experience in developing single page application.
- Experience with AWS serverless, API Gateway and CloudFormation.
- Deep understanding of HTTP, REST APIs, and Micro Services development.
- Experience operationalizing web applications for performance, scalability, and active discoverability of errors and degradation.
- Experience with New Relic, Sumo Logic, Datadog or similar tools for troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding or experience of Test-Driven Development is preferred.
- Experience using version control (i.e., GIT) strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work well in a globally distributed team and individually.
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO and Web Analytics principles as they apply to front end development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to gain consensus among Stakeholders.
- Action and result oriented with solid organizational skills, attention to detail, drive and resilience.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- The role is principally based in London – however TPCi London staff may work from home till June 2021. This policy is subject to change.