WORKING AT ACUITYADS:
Picture this: a modern corporate culture intersects with state-of-the-art technology in the fastest growing industry in the online advertising worldwide.
At AcuityAds, you can expect the fast-paced excitement of a growing company and the rock-solid support from our stellar Techies – with some nice perks on the side. We don’t just offer competitive salaries and benefits, at AcuityAds, we value the health and happiness of our employees from a holistic perspective. Our corporate wellness efforts span from an in-house registered massage therapy service, to weekly catered lunches, a fully stocked and functioning kitchen, team gatherings, and unlimited vacation policy.
Ranked on Deloitte’s Fast 50 and Fast 500 lists 6 years in a row, AcuityAds is one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America as well as Europe in the programmatic marketing space – which is the fastest growing segment of digital advertising in the world today. Acuity empowers marketers by offering transparency on costs and brand safety, and real-time reporting and analytics, bringing accountability to programmatic advertising to deliver business results. AcuityAds is headquartered in Toronto, Canada with sales offices in New York City, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Europe.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
AcuityAds develops next-generation software that has innovated the way advertisers connect with audiences. Our engineers build technologies that process information at a massive scale to generate industry-leading analytics and serve millions of requests in real-time.
As a Software Engineer in the Frontend team, you will work with a smart, highly motivated team of engineers to develop our client-facing React
web application. You will have an opportunity to work in a modern TypeScript/Next.js/PWA
codebase architected by leading engineers in the field. Our ideal candidate is eager to bring fresh ideas and write clean uniform software. You will play a key role in our teams efforts to cultivate innovation and adopt modern design trends.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the software Lead complex technical projects from planning to execution
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables Understand our platform in-depth and drive investigation of issues when they arise
- Provide thought leadership and identify growth opportunities
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 3 years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with front-end technologies and/or front-end frameworks
- Experience with the latest and greatest web standards, including HTML5 and CSS3. Experience with TypeScript, web libraries, and frameworks such as React and Next.js.
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques. Experience with Unix/Linux environments.
- Expertise in containerization and CI/CD paradigms including Docker + Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization principles.
- Expertise in unit testing and Behavior-driven Design (BDD).
- PREFERRED TECH STACK: Experience with React/Redux and Next.js One or more programming languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python
GREAT PLACE TO WORK®
AcuityAds is certified as a Great Place to Work® after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by @Great Place to Work Canada. This certification is based on direct feedback from employees, provided as part of an extensive and anonymous survey about the workplace experience. Check us out at https://www.acuityads.com
OUR CORE VALUES
We are growing fast, so this is the perfect time for you to join our team. You have the amazing opportunity to make an impact in a big way in a company that is poised for growth. Our Acuitian way is built on five core values:
- Customer Service: We provide superior customer service to all those who we interact with.
- Respect: We respect all individuals and businesses.
- “Can-Do” Attitude: We exhibit a can-do attitude and always strive to say “yes”
- Innovation: We push the limits of innovation and automation.
- Fun: We understand our enthusiasm is part of a fun and thriving workplace.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However; the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION & EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
AcuityAds is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our people and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all our people in maintaining an environment with mutual respect by and for all our employees and applicants.
All employment decisions at AcuityAds are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, ancestry, creed (religion), place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, political belief, physical or mental disability, receipt of public assistance, or irrelevant record of offence.
AcuityAds provides accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please contact us by e-mail at hr @acuityads.com. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment and selection process and before you begin your journey with us.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at AcuityAds.