KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. We started KOHO because we believe in doing two things:
Democratizing access to the best financial products and giving everyone a great financial foundation.
Since our journey began 6 years ago, we’ve raised more than $130M, grown the KOHO Collective to over 150 employees and created accounts for more than 300,000 Canadians.
About the Role
As a Software Developer - React
, you will be working as part of a cross-functional team, driving our core features from start to finish. This will include gathering requirements, creating technical specifications and designs, and actual implementation of these features. Our teams have a large degree of autonomy and ownership and we are looking for someone who can work with minimal supervision or direction.
: This is a remote
position based in Canada that is available to those who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Develop features and improvements to the KOHO product in a secure and performant way
- Provide mentorship for less experienced developers on your team
- Drive both near and long term outcomes for your team
- Champion best practices both technical and process
- Debugging and refactoring legacy code
- Participate in rotating on-call duties, including incident management
Who You Are
- You solve problems and not their symptoms
- You share your knowledge with those who do not have your experience
- You see a problem or inefficiency and do something about it
- You understand the importance of working as part of a team
- You know how to reach consensus with your peers
- You share our values and work in accordance with those
- You are self-motivated and want to always be better than your yesterday’s self
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong React, TypeScript, CSS, and HTML skills
- Experience with redux or other state management framework
- Experience building mobile first or mobile optimized applications
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile teams
- Fluent English speaker with excellent written and verbal communication skills, sufficient for a remote-first environment to concisely articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience with Ad-tech and analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Firebase, GTM, Facebook pixels, etc
- Experience working with Ionic, React Native, or any native or hybrid technologies
- Experience in other frameworks such as Angular or VueJS
- Experience with A/B testing
- Keen eye for UX
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Unlimited PTO, generous vacation, and a lifestyle spending account
• Work Anywhere in Canada - Permanently remote and $1,000 to set up your home office
• Level Up - Access to an in-house certified performance coach
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice a year, annual training allowance
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 5 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.