Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 200,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 3500+ employees from 100 nationalities.
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced Software Engineers to join our brand new office in our newly formed tech hub of Milan, Italy.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focusing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring, and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
As a Klarnaut, you’ll contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users. Want to be part of the change? We're expanding several of our engineering teams; teams working on our core checkout product, payment services and Klarna App to name a few.
Check out what it's like to be an engineer in Milan here.
What you’ll get to do;
- Own your services end to end. Decide how best to build, test, deploy and monitor.
- Work with large scale, highly available and resilient modern financial systems.
- Be an integral part of a team, in addition to its culture and ways of working. Common practices include agile methodologies, pair and mob programming.
- Work with automated deployment enabling code release multiple times a day.
- Succeed, fail, and learn together with other talented people. We believe in an environment that provides an opportunity for growth and see education as an outcome of failure that gets us closer to the next breakthrough.
- Work with modern tools and languages that excite you.
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with;
- React and React Native
- Node.js, Express.js
- Splunk, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes.
You should have;
- BSc degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with API and product development
- A passion for writing clean and testable code
- Experience with Agile/XP practices (Pairing, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery).
What we can offer you
Make an impact - You'll be part of a small team that functions like a start-up, with their own problem space and freedom to steer. Each team consist of multiple competences needed to deliver success.
Work-life balance - You know best how and when you are the most productive and how you want to divide your time between work and family.
Fail fast and learn faster - You are expected to try, fail and learn from your mistakes. We put focus on knowledge sharing, reflection, training and regular internal technical talks to foster a learning culture.
Drive your unique career path - You'll have the support around you to take the next steps in your career. You decide what your irregular path looks like.
Stock options in a sky rocketing fintech - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company.
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We also believe in making contributions back to the open source community. You can find some of our work at https://github.com/klarna.
How to apply: please send us your CV or Linkedin profile in English.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.