About the Engineering Team:
Our Engineering team is chock-full of smart, dedicated, and creative team members. Each one has a desire to experiment with new and unfamiliar technology to solve their cross-functional (XFN) team's business objectives. We're passionate about best practices and strive to follow standards laid out before us. The team is encouraged to get involved in the tech community by participating in open source projects, speaking at local meetups, and presenting at national and international conferences.
Who You Are:
- Some knowledge of React
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Expertise with common, responsive UI web frameworks and development tools.
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core JS frameworks
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts
- Knowledge of build and deployment tools such as ESLint, npm, yarn, etc.
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
How You’ll Contribute:
- You’ll use new and emerging technologies in web and software development.
- You’ll take responsibility for code quality and use of best practices across the development team through code reviews
- You’ll design and develop features with a focus on usability through a close relationship with business owners and a solid understanding of the end user needs
- You’ll proactively seek out and help us minimize pain points within our infrastructure, code base and development process
- You will be working with Big Data to create optimized digitization of data processes
- You’ll be working closely with a development and product team
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently
At the end of this internship you will be able to:
- Gained experience working in a unique startup company environment with an emphasis on collaboration
- Developed experience working on an end to end product solution
- Increased software development skills, learning from a team of top engineers
We Share a Common Purpose:
Label Insight’s purpose is to empower consumers with the knowledge to improve their lives through better product choices. Our purpose keeps our team focused and aligned as we drive growth for our grocery retailer and CPG customers through unparalleled transparency.
We Live Our Values:
- Transparency: We share information freely and concisely as a team
- Collaboration: We respect diversity and work toward the solution together
- Iteration & Innovation: We speak up early, are honest about our limits, and leverage failure as an asset
- Intellectual Honesty & Humility: We encourage open debate and favor the best ideas
- Accountability: We own the successes and failures of our team
- Quality Driven: We hold our work to the highest standards and embrace problems as opportunities
The Perks of Joining Us this Summer:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible work hours
- Casual and collaborative, open-layout work space
- Regularly scheduled team gatherings
*At Label Insight we embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and qualifications. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.