Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Web Product team is responsible for Affirm’s customer-facing web applications and design system, from first interaction all the way to loan servicing. We build opinionated, scalable, reusable architectures that power Affirm’s business and presence on the web. We work closely with teams across affirm to build and experimentally optimize new features and new businesses.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Engineer to join us and help accomplish that mission. Given the speed our code base is growing, your work will be challenging and will impact web projects across the company.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a technical resource and engineering mentor for both senior and junior front-end engineers.
- Architect, build, optimize, and scale the next generation of Affirm’s web apps.
- Influence the features and direction of our product and platform.
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan technical initiatives that cut across multiple front-end teams.
- Build a detailed understanding of our business goals to help inform technical direction.
- Look for, and implement, improvements to the end-to-end experience for developers working on our systems.
What We Look For
- Technical leadership; capable of providing mentorship, cross-functional project execution, technical vision and strategy.
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex front-end systems.
- Strong knowledge of modern front-end tech stacks (E.g. TypeScript, React/Redux, OpenAPI, GraphQL, Next.js, Webpack, CSS3.)
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders from product and design.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand opportunities to learn and grow, and to navigate the unknown.
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote
based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here
and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report
We also believe “It’s On Us” to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.