What DUOS is All About
DUOS is more than just a consumer-focused digital healthcare company. We’re on a mission to reimagine freedom at any age. We form trusted relationships with older adults using technology and community to support fulfilling lives at home. We hire awesome people who are wired for innovation and arm them with the tools they need to have a life-changing impact on others.
Our core values are:
- Older adults’ point of view always comes first
- Question the status quo
- We’re all in this together
- Make a difference
- Trust is good for business (and great for karma)
- If you’re inspired by these values, consider joining our team to help drive us forward.
As our Front End Developer (Mobile/Web), you will lead the way in creating Mobile and Web experiences that delight our customers. As a member of the inaugural team, you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You will work closely with Engineering/Product leadership, UX designers, and platform developers to help define our vision and bring it to life.
Our technology platform is built on AWS with security and scalability always top of mind. We embrace a “build, measure, learn” philosophy when it comes to building software. We have a culture of question-based learning in service of building the best product for our older adult users.
You will report to and work with the VP of Engineering. This is 100% remote.
What you'll do:
- Work on high-impact projects that will go directly into the hands of users
- Hands-on software development - you are an individual contributor who enjoys solving problems
- Create and implement strategies to enable the platform to scale over time
- Lead and review designs of major software components, systems, and features
- Identify and implement software development processes that enable your team to continuously improve design, implementation, test, deployment, and maintenance
- Partner with the VP of Engineering and key stakeholders on impactful product initiatives
- Independently manage your individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Collaborate with others to ensure quality, privacy, and security across the tech stack
- Analyze and coordinate design requirements with stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility of UX designs
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience creating Android/iOS Apps using React Native
- Thorough understand of React Native and its core principles
- Experience building highly-scalable customer facing React based web applications
- Deep understanding of React state management, routing, rendering, hooks and async data fetching
- Clear written communication, especially in design and architecture documents
- Ability to develop reusable, efficient, and scalable code for use across applications
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and mobile-responsive best practices
- Comfort with continuous-integration and testing tools and patterns.
- Strong leadership skills with a self-starter mindset and passionate about setting good Engineering culture
- Familiarity with HIPAA-compliance and related security implications
- Collaborates. Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments.
- Communicates Effectively. Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Drives Results. Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Ensures Accountability. Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership. Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures. Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results. Designs feedback loops into work. Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Self-Development. Shows personal commitment and takes action to continuously improve. Accepts assignments that broaden capabilities. Learns from new experiences, from others, and from structured learning. Makes the most of available development resources. Seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels