Posted 2 years ago
Apply for this job
How do you feel about meeting new challenges and becoming an agent of change in the telecommunications industry? You will join an energetic team designing, creating and improving a variety of solutions for our customers. We’re looking for a critical thinker that enjoys playing with new technologies, solving complex problems and confidently brings their unique voice and perspective to the table. Complimentary to a detail-oriented capability, we are looking for an engineer who can understand a problem from a wider, systemic and customer point-of-view and can envision, architect, design and collaborate on solutions that may involve several components of an overall software system.
- Ensure that code adheres to defined standards and best practices for performance, speed, scalability, and quality;
- Practice Agile development methods and exemplify core values of transparency, collaboration, acceptance of change, and iterative development;
- Routinely deliver working software solutions that meet user story acceptance criteria;
- Facilitate technical conflict resolution with active listening and critical thinking.
What We’re Looking For...
- You are detail oriented, self-directed, self-motivated, with a strong capacity for working successfully and collaboratively with members across the organization. You possess an understanding of componentized web architecture and development, utilizing languages such as HTML 5, React, Java, Webpack, and Node. JS. Complimentary to a detail-oriented capability, we are looking for an engineer who can understand a problem from a wider, systemic and customer point-of-view and can envision, architect, design and collaborate on solutions that may involve several components of an overall software system.
You’ll Need To Have..
- Basic security frameworks experience XSA/CORS, SQL injection;
- Experience with CI/CD frameworks;
- Experience developing and calling RESTful Web services;
- Experience with cloud based services such as Amazon Web services;
- Experience with containerization frameworks such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Completely fluent in English language both written and verbal at a professional level (this is a client facing role).
Even Better If You Have..
- Demonstrated success in architecting new applications;
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
- Experience with Agile methodologies, OO modeling, web services, unit testing, codereview, source control, UNIX, middleware, and databases;
- Proven track record of delivery;
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams and partners, including managing dependencies from internal / external partners.
Sentaca has been providing high quality advice, services and solutions to the mobile and telecommunications industry since 2000 and we have firmly established ourselves as a trusted partner to our clients. With our strong mobile services background as our base, we have recently begun building practice areas in the new and exciting areas around software solutions, cloud-based solutions, video and IoT! We are always on the lookout for bright, creative thinkers to join our small (but growing!) team. Preference is always given to individuals who thrive on playing with new technologies and learning about new trends - we want to know what inspires you, and we want you to share that passion for technology with our team! Come grow with us!