Founded in 2013 and based in Lafayette, Louisiana, Waitr is a leader in on-demand food ordering and delivery. Waitr, along with Bite Squad, connect local restaurants to hungry diners in underserved U.S. markets. Together they are a convenient way to discover, order and receive great food from local restaurants, national chains and grocery stores. As of June 30, 2020, Waitr and Bite Squad operated in small and medium sized markets in the United States in over 600 cities.
We are looking for a React.js
Software Engineer to join our engineering team at Waitr. This engineer will be
responsible for architecting, building mission-critical front end applications, and coordinating with the teams
responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- ● Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- ● Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate on designs
- ● Work with team members and stakeholders to determine requirements, review UI/UX designs
- ● Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and
- ● Work within small teams to successfully execute on project timelines
- ● Demonstrate solid organization and communication skills
- ● Contribute to the continued evolution of Waitr’s technical stack
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training,
- fellowship, or work experience
- ● 5+ years of front end software engineering with and emphasis on UI application development
- ● Experience optimizing web apps for performance and accessibility
Preferred Experience & Education
- Basic knowledge of standard development pipelines, including build and other automation tools.
- ● Excellent communication skills and a team player with the ability to work in cross-functional teams,
- and with a great attitude.
- ● Experience using Redux, Flux, MobX or any other React state store
- Nimble: You move fast and accurately in a dynamic environment
- Customer-Focused: Proactively seeks and finds ways to provide the highest standards of service.
- Innovator: Generates and recognizes creative solutions in varying work situations.
- Team player: Collaboration and strong communication skills.
- Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication.
- Results-Oriented: Productively focuses time and resources on activities to produce quality results.
- Forward-Thinking: Problem solver, do whatever it takes attitude
- Strategic Thinker: Views events and possibilities from multiple perspectives. Understands the bigger picture
- and the interdependencies and effects of other systems.
- Ethical: Maintains and promotes individual and organization integrity and values in the conduct of all
- Supervisory Responsibility
- # of direct reports: 0
- # of indirect reports: 0
- Physical Demands
- Sitting, typing, viewing computer screens for extended periods of time.
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening
- and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- As needed, but likely less than 10%
Waitr, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Waitr, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Waitr, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.