Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin. We’re looking for a skilled front end engineer to join the web team to develop and launch web based products at shapertools.com.
We are developing our products using the latest technologies including React, Redux, Node.js and a headless CMS and are looking for a talented engineer to join us to create the future.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be the primary owner of various code bases and be expected to work with product, design and marketing teams to grow our capabilities.
You should have a passion for creating experiences that delight users and have a good eye towards creating pixel perfect experiences. If you’re passionate about creating memorable web experiences and want to build the future of making then join our team.
This position is open to both local and remote candidates located within the United States of America. Shaper HQ is located in San Francisco, California and so flexible working hours are expected for remote candidates in order to ensure effective communication with the wider company.
- Work with product, marketing and design teams to implement exceptional front-end experiences.
- Prototype and build new services and sites that support the sales and marketing of our products and services.
- Measure, analyse, experiment and iterate on our marketing site to provide the best customer experience for our users.
- Be the primary owner of associated code bases.
- Well-versed in building and shipping websites in a production environment - have a portfolio of public facing websites you can share.
- Experience with HTML/CSS and front end development using libraries such as React.
- Have worked with RESTful APIs.
- Have a passion for creating flawless front-end experiences with modern CSS.
- Can write clear code and keep it well documented.
- Experience with Git.
- Have experience working in Node.js
- Experience with ecommerce platforms.
- Have built sites for international/multi language environments.