Mosaic is a construction technology company focusing on homebuilding. We serve as a turn-key general contractor for medium-sized homebuilders while also developing a software platform that we use to automate and streamline our construction operations. Our vision is to leverage our platform to create the world’s most scalable homebuilding operation and to empower homebuilders everywhere.
Today, with our Series A led by Andreessen Horowitz
, $24M+ in total funding, and a recent $100M partnership
with a best-in-class, innovative homebuilder, we’re launching our platform to build better communities together with our partner towards our mission
of making places people love and making them widely available.
We have one speed at Mosaic: full speed. With over 100 homes under active construction, we have an incredible advantage over the rest of the construction technology industry. Our ability to move quickly, stay nimble, and embrace change is critical to maintaining that advantage. Our strategy, projects, titles, and focus may change. But what will not change is our speed. Individuals who exhibit and resonate with these values are likely to find success with us. You can read more about Mosaic and our mission here
As a Senior Software Engineer on our team, you will use an open source technology stack to build an industry-first suite of construction management applications, services, and tools. These technologies are a critical component to Mosaic's growing differentiation in construction operations.
Locations: D.C., Phoenix, San Francisco, Remote.
In this role, you will:
- Join our development team building a modern cloud-based construction management system as the first senior frontend engineer
- Lead frontend development on the system built with Babel, React, Redux, GraphQL (Hasura), Node/Python, and Postgres
- Maintain the appropriate balance of reusability and performance in frontend implementations
- Propose, design, and maintain the core UI components that enable our growing ecosystem of construction management tools and applications
- Work closely with senior engineers, product managers, test engineers, and product stakeholders
- Work closely with our product designer to quickly deliver simple and effective UIs
- Mentor junior engineering team members
- Work with a small, mission-driven team that loves philosophical discussions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Ability to recognize and contribute to high-quality product design
- Experience linking to backend services via RESTful APIs
- Strong communicator, particularly for technical writing
- Exceptional teamwork skills and partnering with remote teams
- Attention to detail and ability to write well-tested, well-structured code
- A healthy curiosity for new technology but a deep understanding of proven technology
- Experience with responsive and mobile application engineering
- Experience working in an Agile team and understanding of Agile processes
- Experience building an ERP system
- Experience with GraphQL or Hasura
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Experience with 3D web graphics such as ThreeJS or WebGL
- Track record of working autonomously and being comfortable with ambiguity, particularly in a fast-paced environment like a startup
- Experience in the construction management and operation space
- Interest in construction, architecture, or affordable housing
We Promise You: Competitive salary with substantial equity and 401(k); medical, dental, vision and life insurance; sincere commitment to your growth.
Check out company news
on the Mosaic blog or read this recent announcement
from our investors! Interested in other opportunities at Mosaic? Visit our Careers Page
to view all of our current job openings.
* The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
** Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.