Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Posted 2 years ago
Apply for this job
We created Canal to change the way that people discover and sell physical products online. We feel that a user should be able to buy anything, at any point, anywhere on the internet. Behind the scenes, this looks like a network of deep integrations across e-commerce platforms combined with a webapp that connects consumer brands to the people and places that could sell their products. You've heard of distributed systems; we're building the distributed digital economy.
This is a big idea, and we're prioritizing the top minds in tech, who get excited about building production-grade software and scaling it to millions of users, to join our founding team. You will work with a motivated team to define the processes and procedures on which we'll build a lasting engineering culture. This is an exciting opportunity to be a foundational member of a brand new project. While our stack includes React + Typescript and Django, we're open to a wide range of experience.
- Participate in roadmapping and architecture discussions
- Produce high-quality, production-ready, readable, maintainable code
- Lead large projects from initial inception to production
- Unblock and support your team of peers including engineers, executives, designers, product managers, and business operators
- A computer science or technical degree & 3-4 years industry experience, or 5-6 years in full-time frontend engineering roles
- Built with React, or similar front-end web development tools
- A complete knowledge of software development paradigms, and a willingness to go beyond your responsibilities as a front-end developer
- 💰 Competitive compensation packages based on experience
- 🏝 Unlimited PTO + 12 company holidays
- 👀 Quality health, vision, dental insurance
- 👵 401K Plans
- 🚌 Commuter Benefits
- 🏠 Home Office Stipends
- 🍕 Dinner provided after 7 PM
- 💚 An agile, motivated team based in San Francisco, with the challenging and fulfilling opportunity to help create a completely new kind of online shopping experience!
- ➕ And more!
How You'll Succeed
- Own: Advocate for the products and processes that you believe in, then help your team understand and implement them.
- Prioritize: Seek out the context that will allow you to manage your time successfully, and quickly develop a keen sense for what's urgent vs what's important.
- Communicate: Go beyond the top of your inbox, and use multiple channels of communication in concert to proactively drive alignment.
- Adapt: Evolve with needs of the business, which (as with any startup) are evolving constantly.
- Django for backend
- React + Typescript for frontend
- PostgreSQL as our database
- AWS & EKS
Canal is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.