On location: We're also open to those outside of NYC but willing to work east coast hours
Our story began when our founding team launched a mobile cryptocurrency exchange product in late 2017 called Coinance. After three months of operations and acquiring over 10,000 users, Coinance was pulled from the AppStore for not properly identifying its users in compliance with KYC (know your customer) regulations. During the search for a solution, the founders became convinced that there was a large opportunity to build an identity verification tool that was easy for engineering teams to integrate and empowered end-users with privacy and security. Fast-forward two years, and the team has raised $8m in venture financing with several hundred customers building with our identity system. After having grown 14x over the last year, we need to continue growing our world-class engineering team. This means even more space for innovation and collaboration.
What we do:
We are Passbase, and our goal is to empower the world with a digital identity system that puts you, the individual, first. We give developers a set of tools to integrate into their facial recognition, liveness detection, ID authenticity checks, and ID information extraction, while also baking in privacy protections that allow individual users to control their own identity data - creating a more privacy-centric future.
What we're looking for:
Passbase's growth has created an opportunity for an ambitious Senior Software Engineer. If you value autonomy and the responsibility that comes with it; if you are keen on learning, experimenting, and learning from failure; if you do not accept low effort and strive to continually improve yourself and your team; if you have a voice and want to use it; if you aspire to help others with your work, then Passbase is for you. We want your expertise to expand on our success and bring Passbase to the next level.
What is FrontEnd at Passbase?
is our framework of choice and we strive to use the latest best practices (Hooks, Concurrency), coupled with TypeScript, ESlint, Jest, Styled-components & Storybook for quick & safe iterative work
- Applications development such as a customer-facing dashboard, a back-office dashboard and an internal reviewing tool using NextJS (+ Webpack), Apollo, Styled-components as our core dependencies
- Customer-facing Web SDK development using Webpack & Axios
- Design system development using Styled-components, Storybook & Rollup
- Interact with our BackEnd composed of GraphQL & REST APIs
- 5+ years of experience as a Frontend software engineer
- CSS latest standards (Grid, Flexbox)
- Functional programming focused
- Strong knowledge of Webpack/Rollup, Babel, Jest, ESLint, Storybook
- Ability to deliver plug'n'play features with a strong emphasis on developer experience
- Strong understanding of computer science (data structures, data flows, basic networking)
- The skills to be autonomous: curiosity in your domain-specific technologies, critical thinking and design, confidence and compassion, focus on solutions, knowledge and vision sharing, cooperation and the ability to make decisions with incomplete information
Nice to have:
- A portfolio of websites/libraries you developed/worked on (GitHub, Code Pen ..)
- Experience in mobile development (Native: iOS, Android or React-Native, Flutter)
- A chance to work on one of the most exciting problems of the 21st century
- A diverse international team backed by leading VC investors
- Regular team events
- 401k match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO/vacation
- Flexible schedule and work from home opportunities (more specifically a post-COVID world)
- A personal wellness, mental health, and learning & development budget
- A chance to be a part of Passbase's Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
Our challenges are vast; we are creative, resourceful, and carry a solutions-oriented mentality to tackle them head-on. That means that we divide problems, not tasks, and emphasize autonomy in the approach. We strive towards a common goal and are all responsible for getting there. From accounting to design, we help each other achieve the best possible results by radical transparency and constant learning. We believe each one of us is a leader at this company and treat our peers accordingly. As an early-stage startup, Passbase is also establishing itself as a company of diversity and inclusivity - where anyone from any background can be successful.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this feels like an environment you could see yourself in, we encourage you to apply and look forward to finding out more about you!