Ace & Tate is always looking for talented people who share our passion for technology.
It's an important driver in everything we do.
We are now in search of a senior front-end developer to help build our digital storefront.
Our goal is to build a seamless customer experience across all of our digital and physical channels.
Together we will be figuring out what the future of retail in the digital world will be.
The mission of this role is to build digital experiences that are a joy to use.
As front-end developer you will be involved in the entire web development process, which includes translating UI/UX designs to actual code. Our new frontend stack runs on Vercel and is built with Next.js.
You will work closely with our UI/UX designers to bridge the gap between visual design and technical implementation. Taking an active role in defining how the website looks as well as how it works. Speed and responsiveness are key.
The position is full-time and available directly at our headquarters office in Amsterdam. Of course, depending on covid measures, a large part of onboarding will be done remotely.
In your role as senior front-end developer you'll be...
- Working with modern technologies to improve our amazing new website.
- Working closely together with the UI/UX designers in our team to keep our design system up to date.
- Creating well structured code for the best user experience and maintainability.
- Working together with colleagues of all disciplines to create campaigns, improve usability and implement A/B tests.
- Have 3+ years of experience in (front-end) web development.
- Like to keep oversight on the code quality and documentation.
- Are a strong team player and love to help others out.
- Have an eye for detail and a sense for design
- Are able to empathise with our (online) customers.
- Take initiative and move forward at a steady pace
- Are a fast learner, seeking constant self-improvement.
- Have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Love experimenting with cutting edge technologies and see how these would fit into our technology stack.
You have experience...
- With version control systems, ideally Git.
- With CSS-in-JS tools: styled-components, emotion, css modules.
- In Unit testing and/or E2E testing (Jest, Cypress, React Testing Library).
- Across responsive design, performance tuning as well as localisation & accessibility.
- Experience optimizing an eCommerce purchase experience.
- Experience with Next.js, Server Side Rendering and SEO optimization.
- Experience working with any statically typed language.
- Experience setting up automation pipelines, CI/CD.
- Experience in functional programming.
- Experience with Cloudflare Workers
We offer you...
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team, working with technology you're passionate about.
- A role in a growing organisation, where you can contribute strongly to architecture design and company culture.
- Personal development and lots of variety in your work.
- A broad scope of responsibilities.
- A creative office space in Amsterdam with our own bar and beer tap.
- Frequent updates to your eyewear collection!
Jeez, that was a lot. Still with us? If you are, and you’re thinking that you might just fit this exact profile, please apply via the form below. We’d love to hear from you.
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position.
Ace & Tate is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment for all current and potential employees.